What prize do I have?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What prize do I have?

Post by John Bingham »

I'm kind of confused by the recent change to Khmer script on the cans,. because I have never learned to read it. My loss, must try harder. As for ring pull prizes, I won $1000 a year or so back and I regularly win free beers, 10,000 Riels of beer etc. I won 24 cans recently, which was great. Sometimes I feel like I barely have to pay for beer because I have so many ring pulls spare. Good stuff.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

The new silver Angkor cans are more complicated even - have to sms a number - no-one has received any winners as far as I know - besides the new shit taste.

Bought a case of Ganzberg Saturday as the winning tabs from Cambodia beer dropped off - Got a 6 can winner and three single winners out of 12 cans so far.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:13 am The new silver Angkor cans are more complicated even - have to sms a number - no-one has received any winners as far as I know - besides the new shit taste.

Bought a case of Ganzberg Saturday as the winning tabs from Cambodia beer dropped off - Got a 6 can winner and three single winners out of 12 cans so far.
The new angkor rings are shit.you can rotate the ringpull 90 degrees and lift it slightly and see if it has a code or a thank you.at lot of the local shop owners round my way do this and keep them back for themselves friends and family.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Soriya wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:47 am
Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:13 am The new silver Angkor cans are more complicated even - have to sms a number - no-one has received any winners as far as I know - besides the new shit taste.

The new angkor rings are shit.you can rotate the ringpull 90 degrees and lift it slightly and see if it has a code or a thank you.at lot of the local shop owners round my way do this and keep them back for themselves friends and family.
Well of all the low down dirty tricks...

It's shit beer now anyway - the cases are stacked high in the neighborhood - no winners - complicated system when everyone wants to see the tabs socially and win together - difficult to sms when everyone is drunk - unsure whether we can cash in straightaway and keep drinking - nahhhhh.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I usually drink Cambodia but in one Angkor can I got at a restaurant I won a $5 Smart credit after sending the code in. But it's useless credit as I am on a weekly plan that gives me 8GB of data a week... so when you get the "credit" it chews straight through that at an astronomical rate then you're left with your original plan, having gained nothing really. It's $5 in name only, I'd rather have a "free" beer, except it'd be another Angkor. :facepalm:
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

This is what $25 looks like

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:05 pm This is what $25 looks like
Where's the party bro...

I just got my free case of Cambodia from the singles and doubles.

Good win BTW - lucky T@@@
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:05 pm This is what $25 looks like

Sure is. I have won that 2 times
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

What is the biggest prize from Cambodia and Angkor beers?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

basta.binici wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:24 pm What is the biggest prize from Cambodia and Angkor beers?
IIRC an SUV (Ford Ranger) on the older cans.. And yes - people have won.

For the new Angkor 'Silver' - as one user above posted - nothing but crap.. None of my friends drink it anymore.. No ring pull winners = no buy.

For the new Cambodia Cans I think it's $10k - many lower winners

Tiger Beer - Fuck all

Ganzberg - an SUV - lower winners are plentiful
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic