Retirement Residence

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Whit
Tourist
Canada

Retirement Residence

Post by Whit »

Boutique hotel, large suite with front and rear balconies, rear private..all meals and BASIC MEDICAL CARE included, big swimming pool, rooftop party area, cafe, room service, all inclusive..only for holders of Cambodian Retirement Visa (can assist). Siem Reap.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Retirement Residence

Post by timmydownawell »

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Whit wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:15 pm Boutique hotel, large suite with front and rear balconies, rear private..all meals and BASIC MEDICAL CARE included, big swimming pool, rooftop party area, cafe, room service, all inclusive..only for holders of Cambodian Retirement Visa (can assist). Siem Reap.
Any possibility You could open a branch in sihanoukville ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Whit
Tourist
Canada

Post by Whit »

If you look up Happiness Resort its on Agoda and Booking dot com and all of that, it is still functioning as a normal hotel, while I am converting the suites in one building into apartments, should have a link to website and or other info or link on the booking dot com type sites soon..Regarding Sihanoukville, maybe..
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Whit wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:15 pm Boutique hotel, large suite with front and rear balconies, rear private..all meals and BASIC MEDICAL CARE included, big swimming pool, rooftop party area, cafe, room service, all inclusive..only for holders of Cambodian Retirement Visa (can assist). Siem Reap.
Interesting concept this and following with interest. :thumb: I daresay there's probably a market...I recall reading Thailand have been doing something similar for retirees..
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:17 pm
Interesting concept this and following with interest. :thumb: I daresay there's probably a market...I recall reading Thailand have been doing something similar for retirees..
I think it's a great idea. I was at a place in BTB recently thinking if they converted the villas into apartments it'd be like living at Melrose Place.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Jomtien Beach? Soi Bukhao?

Seriously though http://www.careresortchiangmai.com/ A luxury resort retirement care center for those with dementia
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

There were plans for years to do a retirement village in Phuket but nothing ever came of it.
Another one is planed here in the near future

Think of the better life style old people could have if their $4-8,000 monthly pensions would be paid to a health facility here vs back in deary old England or the US
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If done well, it could be a good business. They need good rooms, where everything works, run well, professional medical care, good food and fun activities. They could also have staff which spend a significant amount of time with people, to prevent boredom or loneliness. A plan to send people back to their home countries if they have serious medical conditions, would also be a good idea.

How long before someone copies the idea?

What happens when any of them are run badly? Many Cambodians don't seem to understand, if something is broken in the room, and is easy to fix, but they don't care about fixing it, some guests get fed up.

There are some guest houses where the staff do more than they are required to, to help some of the guests. For example, in one place the staff would buy food for a guest who was less active than normal. He paid them for it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Whit
Tourist
Canada

Post by Whit »

Happyretirementhotels.simplesite.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic