Creepy Siem Reap Pass-App Driver Propositions Woman Customer for Sex

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Creepy Siem Reap Pass-App Driver Propositions Woman Customer for Sex

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

Unfortunately, here in this forum 95% men registered as I seem with the typical meaningless comments that have nothing to do with the actual post.

You can also write:

Thanks for the information, in Cambodia this happens very often and you should not be alone in the dark at night! As a woman certainly not. If I read through some comments on the woman raped by 3 people in Kampot - sorry - as an administrator, I would otherwise lock out directly permanently!

Shame on you...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm Unfortunately, here in this forum 95% men registered as I seem with the typical meaningless comments that have nothing to do with the actual post.

You can also write:

Thanks for the information, in Cambodia this happens very often and you should not be alone in the dark at night! As a woman certainly not. If I read through some comments on the woman raped by 3 people in Kampot - sorry - as an administrator, I would otherwise lock out directly permanently!

Shame on you...
Interesting post..

Could you be more specific?

Which comments would you lock from the other thread?

I'm not an admin BTW but seem to recall this is a forum for expressing diverse opinions, sharing useful information, commenting, in some cases having a laugh and in others being more serious.

Many people have been exposed on here - making Cambodia a safer place all round.

Personally, I think the mods do a good job.
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Mishmash wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:16 pm
CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm Unfortunately, here in this forum 95% men registered as I seem with the typical meaningless comments that have nothing to do with the actual post.

You can also write:

Shame on you...
Interesting post..

I'm not an admin BTW but seem to recall this is a forum for expressing diverse opinions, sharing useful information, commenting, in some cases having a laugh and in others being more serious.

Many people have been exposed on here - making Cambodia a safer place all round.

I can not or do not want to be more specific about individual expressions or whole paragraphs, and I do not know if they have read each post on this post of the raped French woman? It is presented by individuals - at least I have the impression - so that this woman is just to blame herself, because she walked alone at 3 clock in the morning through the city. I think that such sentences or even discussions on the actual Psot over, do not belong here.

As well as many comments on killed Chinese or other murder and accident victims. Since I do not understand some members of this forum. This is without level for me. But that's right, the administrators are already doing a good job here, I do not want to moan about it or be the spoilsport.

Only sometimes do I wish - that some people here first think about what they write before they write it - if they have never been in one of the situations - for which they leave a comment..., hope you knowing what I mean.

Kind regards,

CG1
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

@CambodiaGerman1

I agree that sometimes inane comments occur and understand your points.

The victim blaming issue was discussed on the other thread as was the fact this world is cruel and harsh at times and we all have to live in 'reality'

Dark humor exists and is a coping mechanism for people in general.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Imagine my shock at discovering someone who appears to dislike a comment made by an individual, expressing their opinion, on an online forum!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:30 pm
Mishmash wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:16 pm

You can also write:

Shame on you...
Interesting post..

I can not or do not want to be more specific about individual expressions or whole paragraphs, and I do not know if they have read each post on this post of the raped French woman? It is presented by individuals - at least I have the impression - so that this woman is just to blame herself, because she walked alone at 3 clock in the morning through the city. I think that such sentences or even discussions on the actual Psot over, do not belong here.

As well as many comments on killed Chinese or other murder and accident victims. Since I do not understand some members of this forum. This is without level for me. But that's right, the administrators are already doing a good job here, I do not want to moan about it or be the spoilsport.

Only sometimes do I wish - that some people here first think about what they write before they write it - if they have never been in one of the situations - for which they leave a comment..., hope you knowing what I mean.

Kind regards,

CG1
Actions have consequences..... some people seem to go through their lives not understanding this or arrive here having been shielded from all previous consequences of their actions. Thus they haven’t learnt quite how the world works and yeah... shock.. horror.. shit happens if you walk around drunk in the middle of the night.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kind regards,

CG1
Good point and well said. :hattip:
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Kind regards,

CG1
Good point and well said. :hattip:
Thank you.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:30 pm Only sometimes do I wish - that some people here first think about what they write before they write it - if they have never been in one of the situations - for which they leave a comment..., hope you knowing what I mean.
Good point and well said.
There are different individuals who contribute to the forum. Some are intelligent people, with a good attitude towards life. There are others who spend much of their life thinking about when they will have their next beer. Some even post after they have had a few beers. They don't think about how their comments could be offensive towards others. Some make a joke of serious issues, when someone wants some intelligent advice. They care if something is offensive to them, but don't even consider the idea that their comments could be offensive to others.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

explorer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 pm
CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:30 pm Only sometimes do I wish - that some people here first think about what they write before they write it
..., hope you knowing what I mean.
Good point and well said.
They don't think about how their comments could be offensive towards others.
i agree. ^^
Without pointing the finger, at myself included
It is easy on a forum like this to get carried away with voicing our own view.
Even without meaning or wanting to we can sometimes be "less than generous" to others.
A few minutes pause to consider how a message will be perceived by the reader can save a lot of angst all 'round.

Others probably have a more "robust" attitude about this.
And that's ok too (cos that's the way it is)

Personally, i wish for a "Siri" who could detect my mood - and put some of my outgoing posts in an overnight delay box.
:oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic