Declaring goods coming into PP airport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Declaring goods coming into PP airport

Post by Mishmash »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 am ^^^^^^

Thanks Mishmash. Can you give a link to that info? I can't find it for the life of me..
http://www.customs.gov.kh/laws-and-regulations/

Then download the law on customs.

For personal allowances, it is at the discretion of the Director of Customs at the airport to decide what, if any, 'taxes' are applicable - they can be 'flexible'

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/KH-Cam ... etails.htm
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 am ^^^^^^
Thanks Mishmash. Do you have a link to above? I can't find it for the life of me..

Edit:
Since found this https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/p ... oms-excise
And this http://www.customs.gov.kh/other-procedu ... passenger/

Altho there's no mention of 20% duty
As I import this figure is based on experience.

There are three types of duty - Customs Duty, Special Tax and VAT

VAT is 10% Flat Rate

Customs Duty is from 0% to 35% in the increments 0%, 7%, 15%, 35%

Special Tax 0% to 50%

Annnnnnnddddddd - just for you bro

33.05 Preparations for use on the hair. ផលិតផលប្រើសម្រាប់សក់
3305.10 - Shampoos : - សាប៊ូកក់សក់ ៖
3305.10.10 - - Having anti-fungal properties - - មានសារធាតុកំចាត់ផ្សិត kg 7 0 10 0
3305.10.90 - - Other - - ផ្សេងទៀត kg 7 0 10 0
3305.20.00 - Preparations for permanent waving or straightening ​​- ផលិតផលសម្រាប់ធ្វើអោយសក់ត្រង់ ឬអ៊ុតរួញ kg 15 0 10 0
3305.30.00 - Hair lacquers - ថ្នាំបាញ់សក់អោយរឹង និងរលោង kg 15 0 10 0

We can see from the HS code that depending on the type of hair care you will pay 17% to 25% or roundabout 20% depending on your negotiating skills

They may do by weight and come to an 'agreement'

IF you deface the articles you may bring them in as "samples"

Method A
Tearing, altering, perforating, slashing or defacing the items and/or
Method B
Using permanent indelible marking or permanent labeling to clearly mark the item as a ‘commercial sample’.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^^
Thanks Mishmash..much appreciated. Will send you separate PM.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 am
There's info on the duties payable on the customs website that I will check also.
That would be step No. 1.
You could be next.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I once had 12 large deodorant sprays taken out of my checked luggage at DMK due to them being restricted items (they were spotted in the x-ray). They had already done a long haul but failed to make the final leg to PNH. When I protested that everyone brings deodorant sprays in their luggage, she let me keep two. In case you were wondering, these were also for use by Khmers.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I see most of us on our travels have tried to bring what we can, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, least that could happen is you lose the initial outlay.
Or! What are the chargers above on import duty, if that went by the book it would be expected and all the fees are their in black and white. Just like the works and labour minister quoted recently that foreigner's pay $190 for their yearly visa! The extra $100 he didn't mention must be your own import tax. Lets be reasonable and follow that rate of tax of about $200 spend you may only pay half of the amount in tax or get away without paying 0.
Duty free goods too by the way are allowed if bought usually in one of the shops, in the Airport or Airline.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic