Declaring goods coming into PP airport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Declaring goods coming into PP airport

Post by AndyKK »

It must be a fare amount of hair products you are thinking about packing. What is the volume of liquid that you are allowed on the aircraft.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Never had my bags searched in front of me, but once they asked to scan one bag at that machine where one leaves the arrival hall.

To be fair, it contained a lot of good Whiskey, crisps, tea, chocolate and various types of blood puddings along with a mess of our kid' toys, so probably looked like a potential smugglers bag.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:04 am It must be a fare amount of hair products you are thinking about packing. What is the volume of liquid that you are allowed on the aircraft.
I had a look at my airline's checked baggage requirements and I couldn't find a restriction (as in liquids ie shampoo/conditioner) other than 32kg weight limit for each bag.

I think it's more to do with customs regulations. Goods for personal use are OK but a bunch of shampoos would show up no doubt IF they scan the bags before putting them on the carousel..dunno if they do this or not. And if there's too much they might question the person use argument...(12 mths supply lol) Even the gifts for family argument might not cut any ice. Then again, I would imagine I'm small fish to these guys..
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:13 am
AndyKK wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:04 am It must be a fare amount of hair products you are thinking about packing. What is the volume of liquid that you are allowed on the aircraft.
I had a look at my airline's baggage requirements and I couldn't find a restriction (as in liquids ie shampoo/conditioner) other than 32kg weight limit for each bag.

I think it's more to do with customs regulations. Goods for personal use are OK but a bunch of shampoos would show up no doubt IF they scan the bags before putting them on the carousel..dunno if they do this or not. And if there's too much they might question the person use argument...(12 mths supply lol) Even the gifts for family argument might not cut any ice. Then again, I would imagine I'm small fish to these guys..
Let your hair grow to make them believe it's indeed for personal use.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am
I had a look at my airline's baggage requirements and I couldn't find a restriction (as in liquids ie shampoo/conditioner) other than 32kg weight limit for each bag.

Let your hair grow to make them believe it's indeed for personal use.
Or stop waxing your back.... :stir:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I found this -
What liquids are allowed in hand luggage?
Liquids over 3.4 ounces or 100ml
In case you need a refresher, this is the TSA liquids rule: All liquids must be in containers that are no bigger than 3.4 ounces or 100ml, and all containers must fit in a clear, one quart sized zip top plastic bag. You are not allowed to use a bigger bag for your liquids.
https://travel-made-simple.com

Is there a liquid limit for checked baggage?
We recommend packing all liquids, gels, and aerosols that are over 3.4 oz or 100 ml in your checked baggage, even if they are in a secure, tamper-evident bag. Liquids more than 3.4 oz or 100 ml not in a secure, tamper-evident bag must be packed in checked baggage.
https://www.tsa.gov › travel › liquid...
Liquids Rule | Transportation Security Administration.

Only reason I mentioned this was some years ago I had to dump a few liquids from my luggage flying out of the UK.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

[quote=hanno post_id=371026 time=1571365711 user_id=133

Or stop waxing your back.... :stir:
[/quote]

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I reckon you could have a suitcase full of women's hair care products and a small bottle of aftershave for you.

You were just following orders.

Any married man would understand completely that when it comes to women's hair, you better just do as you are told. And make sure you notice and compliment them when they have had their hair 'done'.

That's all I got...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

You smuggler you :beer3:

There is always a simple solution.

Ask yourself are you being truthful to whom you are speaking.

For customs - if it's for commercial gain you must declare it, if not then it's subject to the personal allowances.

Import regulations:

Free import for passengers aged over 17:
- 2 liters of wine;
- 400 cigarettes, or 100 cigars, or 400 grams of tobacco;
free import for all passengers:
- 350 milliliters of perfume.
- medicines for personal use
Goods worth more than USD 100.- are subject to customs duty and taxes. Goods with a value of more than USD 300.- must be declared on a Customs Declaration Form.

VAT & Duties amount to approximately 20% of the goods value.

Article 11.-
All imported goods shall be reported at the nearest customs office through the
legal route:
a. in the case of goods in the actual possession of a person arriving in
Cambodia, or that form part of personal baggage, by that person;
b. in the case of goods imported by courier or as mail, by the person who
exported the goods to Cambodia;
c. in the case of goods, other than goods referred to in sub-paragraphs (a) and
(b) of this paragraph, on board a conveyance arriving in Cambodia, by the person in
charge of the conveyance, including military conveyances;
d. in any other case, by the person on behalf of whom the goods are imported.
Every person reporting goods under this Article shall:
a. answer truthfully any question asked by a customs officer with respect to
the goods;

b. where a Customs officer so requests, make the goods available for
inspection by Customs in the manner determined by the Director of Customs.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^^
Thanks Mishmash. Do you have a link to above? I can't find it for the life of me..

Edit:
Since found this https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/p ... oms-excise
And this http://www.customs.gov.kh/other-procedu ... passenger/

Altho there's no mention of 20% duty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic