Blind and traveling USA to Cambodia in two days!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Re: Blind and traveling USA to Cambodia in two days!

Post by Kinetic »

With a bit of exaggeration, I think people in this topic feel like that.

Don' t take it in the wrong way. I just want to say that people are trying to be benevolent with someone so vulnerable.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

OP I live in PP and will meet up with you anytime if you feel you need support.

I am not making judgements on your situation just offering an option if you feel something is not right.

I will PM you my phone number.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

David why not ask a third party to post a picture of you & the girl together so you could post it here? At best it would be nice to see the loving couple together with you enjoying your holiday and at worst someone here is bound to know the girl in question and could confirm any suspicions.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

LIVIDZX wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:49 pm David why not ask a third party to post a picture of you & the girl together so you could post it here? At best it would be nice to see the loving couple together with you enjoying your holiday and at worst someone here is bound to know the girl in question and could confirm any suspicions.
At the worst, everybody of the forum will know that he get scammed. Even if it's true, I think he don't need public humiliation. For me it's not a good idea to put a picture.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Kinetic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:02 pm At the worst, everybody of the forum will know that he get scammed. Even if it's true, I think he don't need public humiliation. For me it's not a good idea to put a picture.
When something bad happens to someone, and they share their experience, it helps to warns others, and may prevent them from getting caught out in the same way.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

seems a troll thread to me.
i dont believe any of it.
Mostcurious
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Mostcurious »

To everyone reading this thread -
In my opinion this person is either a troll or extremely naive. Someone should visit Raffles hotel and check whether or not a blind man and his guide dog have checked in or not.

A message to David. Please do the following -
1. Stay in your hotel, do not leave your bedroom until you have phoned your bank to ask of any ATM transactions in the last few days.
2. In fact cancel your card with immediate effect. Do not leave Raffles hotel for any reason.
3. Contact an expat of this forum who will meet up with at the hotel and will provide you with further guidence.
4. Again I repeat do not leave the hotel and stop all communication with this lady.

Best of luck
Mostcurious
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Mostcurious »

BTW on more thing

A message to David

Many people on this site have given you lots of good advice. The least you could do is reciprocate this by providing us with a picture of your new girlfriend.
Can you do this for us?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

No David.
Do not post a photograph of your friend.
That is none of their f***ing business.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:15 am No David.
Do not post a photograph of your friend.
That is none of their f***ing business.
eh what, it's public, it's everyone's business
up to the OP what else to reveal of course
as designed, perhaps

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic