Camry Car Goes for a Haircut

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Camry Car Goes for a Haircut

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On October 17, 2019, at 9:40 am, a Camry car smashed into a hair salon on street 223, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh, injuring three people.
The local people said that a man was driving a Camry car, plate PP2AF-5868, on street 223, when the car hit a motorbike, some tuk-tuks on the street, and smashed into a hair salon shop, causing three people to get injured and sent to the hospital.

The salon shop owner said, I was cutting my customer's hair, when suddenly, the car drove into my house. The equipment in the shop was damaged, but the man who caused the accident has agreed to pay all compensation. The vehicle was taken to keep at the police station.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Camry Car Goes for a Haircut

Post by DaveG »

I don't get it, maybe someone on here will know the answer ,

Why do cars, minivans, lorries and cement mixers keep ploughing through houses, shop fronts etc.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

DaveG wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:52 pm I don't get it, maybe someone on here will know the answer ,

Why do cars, minivans, lorries and cement mixers keep ploughing through houses, shop fronts etc.
To fast a change from ox-cart to engine-powered vehicles.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

hanno wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:00 pm
DaveG wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:52 pm I don't get it, maybe someone on here will know the answer ,

Bingo!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I know, I know the answer.
Spoiler:
Because they cannot find a road divider .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:06 pm
hanno wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Bingo!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Brain or brake failure.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

DaveG wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:52 pm Why do cars, minivans, lorries and cement mixers keep ploughing through houses, shop fronts etc.
Many people are never taught to drive. They just get in a car and go. Many don't have a license.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Take your pick

1 Methed up juggernaut drivers pulling an 18 hour shift
2 The Khmer propensity for a quick unexpected naps during work
3 Taking Selfies while driving
4 Talking on the phone while driving
5 Defective vehicles - brake failure - steering wheel coming off