Top 10 expat destinations

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Top 10 expat destinations

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:00 am Thank God and Budda that my parents are wrong. Day in and day out they keep saying Taiwan is going down the tubes. Young people only making slave wages there, high level corruption that would make the KOW blush, and out of control crime that would make London at night feel safe by comparison.

Not that this poster will convince them otherwise.

But it made my day.
Very courageous of you to admit at age 50 that your parents may be wrong. I hope your mother doesn t read this forum or you will likely be grounded for a week. Perhaps you should revisit her opinion that Jews should be wiped off the face of the earth. Now that you have accepted she is not infallible there is always the hope that you nay start thinking and acting in your best interest, not hers.
Taiwan unsafe at night? Are you out of your mind?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

You could die of boredom or be run over by a Moto.
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

Im surprised the Philippines inst higher, seems like there's a ton of expats out there.
sean7321
Tourist
Canada

Post by sean7321 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 am
Cruisemonkey wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:17 am Vietnam? I live here... and it's getting more and more difficult.

Except for Americans, nobody can get more than a 3-month visa. They've made the banking rules more stringent for opening accounts and term deposits (which now can't exceed the expiry date of your visa).

You have to have a 1-year visa to open a bank account at some, if not all, banks now. The fact that I could only get a 3-month visa, down from 1-year and 6-month ones I had, really put me off. It also means any scooter licence ends with the visa. I could have gotten a 6-month visa but at $650US/15 million VND/20,000 baht, (which is what I paid for a 1-year before), there was little advantage in it. Anyway, lots of other reasons for waving bye bye to VN.

And this news this week, yet more years of delays in the Saigon Metro project: https://saigoneer.com/saigon-news/17334-metro-delay
Hi, I was thinking of coming there and opening a fixed deposit with a microfinance(great interest). Is this not possible now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic