Complete and utter exhaustion. Advice.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Complete and utter exhaustion. Advice.

Post by offroadscholar »

If you get blood tests, you might want to get tested for Typhoid as well, given Typhoid can lead to pneumonia.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Complete and utter exhaustion. I Advice.

Post by taabarang »

Morning KFH,

The posters here are a well meaning, but highly unqualified group to proffer medical advice. You need some lab work done which will suggest appropriate prescriptions. The symptoms you describe need empirical data from medical tests to seek a cure. Your insight and suspicions may be right on, then again...So please get you, your.ass and your camera to a QUALIFIED sawbones. I wish you a speedy recovery.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Go for the antibiotics. If they don’t work go to the doctor.

Don’t think you need to rush out to fly to Bangkok without trying out the meds first.

Keep us posted, hope you a speedy recovery.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:04 am Go for the antibiotics. If they don’t work go to the doctor.

Don’t think you need to rush out to fly to Bangkok without trying out the meds first.

Chugging antibiotics without medical advice is never a good idea. One of the main reasons that more and more illnesses become resistant to antibiotics; the amount of antibiotics dished out in SE Asia is staggering, often with no reason.....
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

hanno wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:30 am
GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:04 am Go for the antibiotics. If they don’t work go to the doctor.

Chugging antibiotics without medical advice is never a good idea. One of the main reasons that more and more illnesses become resistant to antibiotics; the amount of antibiotics dished out in SE Asia is staggering, often with no reason.....
“Chugging” is not the term I would use. I.e. I used to get chest infection and needed antibiotics, in 5 years I bought them 3 times and worked as expected.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 am
hanno wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:30 am

“Chugging” is not the term I would use. I.e. I used to get chest infection and needed antibiotics, in 5 years I bought them 3 times and worked as expected.
Fair enough. Remember taking my daughter to see a doctor. Turns out it was a common cold but he still wanted her to take three different kinds of antibiotics plus assorted other pills and stuff. My Missus seriously thought this was a good idea but then she would take antibiotics for a headache; the more the merrier.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

taabarang wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:25 am Morning KFH,

The posters here are a well meaning, but highly unqualified group to proffer medical advice. You need some lab work done which will suggest appropriate prescriptions. The symptoms you describe need empirical data from medical tests to seek a cure. Your insight and suspicions may be right on, then again...So please get you, your.ass and your camera to a QUALIFIED sawbones. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Yep...

SAWBONES - :D

I wish you get well soon bro..
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am

Yep...

I really don't wish to press the point since I am no more qualified than any other poster to offer an astute diagnosis. Part of the difficulty is that two people could have the same disease but manifest differing symptoms. Having said that I would still advise you to mention the problem you experienced in or near the patella. It might be another symptom and not an unrelated problem. I don't mean to sound like your moms, but like others here I would like to see you fit and mobile going camera crazy once again.

By the way, where is Kuroneko, the cat man, when medical ex(purr)tise is called for?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

taabarang wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:56 am
Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am

Yep...

I really don't wish to press the point since I am no more qualified than any other poster to offer an astute diagnosis. Part of the difficulty is that two people could have the same disease but manifest differing symptoms. Having said that I would still advise you to mention the problem you experienced in or near the patella. It might be another symptom and not an unrelated problem. I don't mean to sound like your moms, but like others here I would like to see you fit and mobile going camera crazy once again.
Saying that I have zero faith in doctors here. As previously posted my wife gets the snivels and off she trots - comes back with a 25kg bag of mixed 'drugs'.

Personally I NEVER visit a doctor and never will. I just stay home and eat broth and let nature take its course.

Of course, this is not for everyone.

If I snuff it through my decision - hey great - no more work and no more taxes!

And I'll give the grim reaper the best I can to punch him on his nose and 'GOD' himself for heaping suffering upon the Human Race.

Prometheus is my hero!
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I think people missed a key part of my statement:

"So, at the very least, you should send someone to a pharmacy to get some antibiotics, some efferlgan codeine or tablets, some electrolyte powder, maybe some vitamins, and try to eat some fruit."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic