Complete and utter exhaustion. Advice.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Complete and utter exhaustion. Advice.

Post by AndyKK »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:02 pm
sigmoid wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:37 pm According to Wikipedia: "Pneumonia is usually caused by infection. Antibiotics by mouth, rest, simple analgesics, and fluids usually suffice for complete resolution. However, those with other medical conditions, the elderly, or those with significant trouble breathing may require more advanced care. If the symptoms worsen, the pneumonia does not improve with home treatment, or complications occur, hospitalization may be required."

So, at the very least you should send someone to a pharmacy to get some antibiotics, some efferlgan codeine or tablets, some electrolyte powder, maybe some vitamins, and try to eat some fruit. How's your appetite?

If you can stomch it, eat some chicken vindaloo or similarly spicy curry.
No appetite, force feeding bits and pieces.

My research suggests a tetracycline antibiotic like Doxycycline to be a possible starting point.
Kung-Fu Seek medical advise as members are giving sound advise for your wellbeing. The place your staying will know the area and the best doctors, I know that if the people running the hotel/guest house will act in your and their interests, also delivering you food when you regain your appetite. So there should be no need for you basically, not to leave your room and not get yourself exerted at this time. Save your strength and get help. All the best to you Sir, hope your recovery is speedy.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Brother, why not take the advice of someone who has done more than google the symptoms? Pneumonia should be fairly easy to diagnose and treat.
That said there were 50,000 pneumonia deaths in the USA in 2015. Mary Tyler Moore, Carl Sagan were both bright people. JacK Lamata was a strong guy but all three succumbed to pneumonia. It is the leading cause of death for children under 5. For US adults, pneumonia is the most common cause
of hospital admissions other than women giving birth. About 1 million adults in the US seek care in a hospital due to pneumonia every year. Stop f#cking around and get some help. Please, I enjoy your wit and pictures, purely selfish I know but don t leave me here alone with the young guys looking for cut-rate bar girls or telling Bunny boiler stories.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Free of charge from the UK NHS website
Symptoms of Dengue

Symptoms of dengue usually develop suddenly, about 5 to 8 days after you become infected.

Symptoms can include:

a high temperature, or feeling hot or shivery
a severe headache
pain behind the eyes
muscle and joint pain
feeling or being sick
a widespread red rash
tummy pain and loss of appetite

The symptoms normally pass after about 1 week
A blood test I believe will have it confirmed one way or the other, very quickly. Older lad was treated last year.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Go and see a doctor, might be pneumonia, but might also be dengue combined with a cold. God knows. Not all dengue comes with a rash / pain behind the eyes. I had dengue last week and it simply swept me off my feet, even nine days later I'm just a shadow of my former self sleeping 16 hours a day. Dengue can be a bitch, and so can pneumonia.

So let a pro check you out for a few bucks.
AnaPol
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by AnaPol »

FYI:
from TA
......During this year about 8000 people were hospitalized for dengue fever in Nepal. About 3900 people were diagnosed with dengue in the last 8 weeks alone. And unfortunately, it's not just the subtropical Terai that is infected, the virus is roaming in Kathmandu and Pokhara and even as high up into the mountains as Manang on the Annapurna Circuit.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... -outbreak/

Suggest you get your self to a hospital for a blood test, I had Pneumonia and lost 25% of my lung capacity...
not something at your age to risk because,"i can heal myself " about

PS: Had Dengue and did not have, ".... skin rash, pain behind the eyes, vomiting etc"
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:P :dragonchase:
Pill - up ,pep - up ,pick - up .The 3 Ps are the way to go
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I'm with the "go see a doctor" brigade. It won't be expensive, and they are far better placed to diagnose you than any of us.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

If you're in Cambodia, you should be on the next flight to Bangkok. What you are describing is nothing to play around with.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Cooldude wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:38 pm If you're in Cambodia, you should be on the next flight to Bangkok. What you are describing is nothing to play around with.
He is in Nepal and writing a blog about it.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I concur with the "Go to Bangkok" brigade. Sorry but be smart. We all want to see you survive this. Full stop.

Regarding pneumonia, my Canadian doctor surprised me last fall with a pneumonia vaccine. Never heard of it. People 60 and over should get it, he said, because, as noted above, older folks frequently succumb to pneumonia before anything else because our immune systems do deteriorate. There are two doses, each covering a number of antigens. Leave everything behind and get to a hospital!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic