Indian Snake Oil Salesman Tastes Prey Sar Water

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Indian Snake Oil Salesman Tastes Prey Sar Water

Post by Mishmash »

Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday placed an Indian national in pre-trial detention on chargers of producing medicine without authorisation and producing counterfeit medicine.

Maj Bunsong noted that Ministry of Health officials seized counterfeit medicine, which were produced by the accused and sold in markets in the city.

“He was arrested after police discovered that he had produced medicine without authorisation from the Ministry of Health, and also produced fake medicine,” Maj Bunsong said. “Between January to October this year, Mr Royal Batique had been producing many kinds of medicine, such as for arthritis of the hands and feet, hypertension and diabetes, and distributed them to local pharmacies.”

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50650905/m ... roduction/

Would YOU buy from this man????

I wonder if his arthritis cure-all will work for him in his cramped cell..

He'll need it for his off-the scale hypertension no doubt.

:popcorn:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Indian Snake Oil Salesman Tastes Prey Sar Water

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Thanks for the warning, Mish.
I was going to buy some of this stuff but after reading the report i spent my money instead on the stuff that was advertised on the Khmer Times page the story run was on.

"5 Herbs For Weak Bladder Flow"
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:07 pm Thanks for the warning, Mish.
I was going to buy some of this stuff but after reading the report i spent my money instead on the stuff that was advertised on the Khmer Times page the story run was on.

Damn - all I get is adverts for a Terra SUV with "Lane Departure Warning" - must have seen my Khmer style driving.

How comes you get all the good stuff.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:15 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:07 pm Thanks for the warning, Mish.

Damn - all I get is adverts for a Terra SUV with "Lane Departure Warning" - must have seen my Khmer style driving.

How comes you get all the good stuff.
targeted google Ads based on past searches perhaps....Try Cranberry juice SternAAlbifrons :beer3:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: At the hearing led by the judge Mr. Than Leng, on 14 October 2019, the representative for the prosecution requested that the judge detain the suspect, Indian national, Roya Batic, while awaiting sentencing. He is charged with selling fake medicine in Cambodia, according to article 59 of Cambodian standard law.
The judge agreed to the detention, and has decided that the suspect will be sentenced on October 22, 2019, at 9 am.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

2 or 3 years back I genuinely witnessed a snake oil salesmans pitch out in the provinces (I thought they had died out with wild west shows and OK corral shootouts). The troupe even rocked up in the equivalent of a covered wagon.
It was a full, stage lit evening production, with a warm up act of real live king cobras being handled, with the bonus of a couple of "sexy ladies" dancing in the sidelines.
There then followed the main event, a demonstration of the "miracle medicine" (in liquid form, even though the product being sold was tablets) which after being introduced in two stages to a beaker of "bad blood" (blood is dark blue when it's bad, apparently), miraculously changed the colour of the bad blood from blue to clear, and then from clear to red.
On completion of the show/demonstration the locals were falling over themselves to buy this miracle cure.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

There is a very old wiseman saying from ions ago about if you meet a poisonous snake and an Indian in a forest what do you do . . . . . .

I'm not saying anything
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

yong wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 pm There is a very old wiseman saying from ions ago about if you meet a poisonous snake and an Indian in a forest what do you do . . . . . .

I'm not saying anything
Depends the Indian you meet

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 pm 2 or 3 years back I genuinely witnessed a snake oil salesmans pitch out in the provinces (I thought they had died out with wild west shows and OK corral shootouts). The troupe even rocked up in the equivalent of a covered wagon.
It was a full, stage lit evening production, with a warm up act of real live king cobras being handled, with the bonus of a couple of "sexy ladies" dancing in the sidelines.
There then followed the main event, a demonstration of the "miracle medicine" (in liquid form, even though the product being sold was tablets) which after being introduced in two stages to a beaker of "bad blood" (blood is dark blue when it's bad, apparently), miraculously changed the colour of the bad blood from blue to clear, and then from clear to red.
On completion of the show/demonstration the locals were falling over themselves to buy this miracle cure.
Well this guy has a new job in Prey Sar - keeping it snake-free...

Saying that - If the road show you saw comes again and has dancing girls count me in bro!!

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

UPDATE:

Snake Oil man was in court today and claims it was his naughty staff producing illegal goods and as he was only the owner he knew nothing about it.

:please: :facepalm:

His Snake charmer eyes failed to convince the judge

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic