Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Chopface
Tourist
Thailand

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Chopface »

This clown has been living in Pattaya selling drugs for the last ten years or more and looks like he's been up to no good in Cambodia now, his real name is Nicky Milburn and he deserves all he gets
Chopface
Tourist
Thailand

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Chopface »

Nicky Milburn, Pattaya drug dealer and career wrong one.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Chopface wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:17 am Nicky Milburn, Pattaya drug dealer and career wrong one.
Can you provide an English translation?
You could be next.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Nicky Milburn has a facebook page and his photo is remarkably similar to the photo of Nicholas Smith, the man identified as being burnt and beaten. Mr Smith's page has now been deleted. The plea for helping to find Mr Smith was placed by a Pattaya resident, wh is a friend of Nicky Milburn. The Pattaya resident claimed that Mr Smith had entered the KOW on the 18th of September and not heard from since. Nicky Milburn is also a Pattaya resident. The Pattaya resident posted his plea in a private group that is focussed on hostess clubs and girly bars, hardly the largest group on facebook almost as though only a select audience would be familiar with the missing gentleman.
Oddly within an hour of posting the plea, the missing Brit was identified as being in the hospital by a bar owner. Others in the group also recognized him and described him as a psycho. Soriya chose to ignore that description of the lad and stuck to his story that the young man has friends so he must be a good guy.
It would appear that Nicky Milburn and Nicholas Smith are one and the same. In America, it is not uncommon for a drug dealer not to use their "government name" and go by an alias. I can see the advantage if one was drug dealing in a foreign country with harsh drug laws not to use one's real name of course, regardless if you were from Glasgow or "Milburn" which is also the name for a Scottish region. Nicky Milburn claims to be from Middlesborough.
Certainly unusual to have two names for one face in the decent lad world and also odd that a poster would in one forum acknowledge that a man is psychotic and in another deny and challenge that assertation.
Kgrind
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Kgrind »

Hello, me and my husband were in Cambodia last week and saw the same guy. He didnt have the same head injury but was very badly burnt and delirious. We also took him to the hospital. There was a lot of debate as to who was going to pay. We got in touch with the British Embassy also. We had to go for our flight home so couldn't stay and find out the outcome but when we left the hospital was waiting for a call from the Embassy.

I doubt this is much help but when we found him he had a bank card still on him, it was Mr N Smith. I made a guess at his name being Nick and he did seem to respond to that.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Hats off to the Good Samaritans Debbie Humphries and poster @Kgrind whatever the circumstances of the chap in question.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:59 pm Nicky Milburn has a facebook page and his photo is remarkably similar to the photo of Nicholas Smith, the man identified as being burnt and beaten. Mr Smith's page has now been deleted. The plea for helping to find Mr Smith was placed by a Pattaya resident, wh is a friend of Nicky Milburn. The Pattaya resident claimed that Mr Smith had entered the KOW on the 18th of September and not heard from since. Nicky Milburn is also a Pattaya resident. The Pattaya resident posted his plea in a private group that is focussed on hostess clubs and girly bars, hardly the largest group on facebook almost as though only a select audience would be familiar with the missing gentleman.
Oddly within an hour of posting the plea, the missing Brit was identified as being in the hospital by a bar owner. Others in the group also recognized him and described him as a psycho. Soriya chose to ignore that description of the lad and stuck to his story that the young man has friends so he must be a good guy.
It would appear that Nicky Milburn and Nicholas Smith are one and the same. In America, it is not uncommon for a drug dealer not to use their "government name" and go by an alias. I can see the advantage if one was drug dealing in a foreign country with harsh drug laws not to use one's real name of course, regardless if you were from Glasgow or "Milburn" which is also the name for a Scottish region. Nicky Milburn claims to be from Middlesborough.
Certainly unusual to have two names for one face in the decent lad world and also odd that a poster would in one forum acknowledge that a man is psychotic and in another deny and challenge that assertation.
1 person said he was a psyho 1 said he wasnt, as far as i am concerned innocent until proven guilty, by the looks of it he has been found guilty, to which i put my hands up. and if he is indeed a drug dealer, i dont know, then i would imagine he got his comeuppence from someone hence the beating and i dont have any sympathy for him. i have met many people who 1 would say is great and another would say otherwise, i usually dont judge someone until i have met them myself.
i might also add i never said he was a good guy, i said apparently he is.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Soriya, I completely understand. And now the post looking for him has been deleted as has the Fb page using the name of Nicholas Smith. Those that were looking for him, those that helped find him and those that reported his behaviour all seem to prefer to put this under the rug where it belongs. I too prefer to look for the best in people, to walk on the sunny side of the street as it were.

When I was in Manhattan there was an old man who lived a block up and around the corner from my business. I would see him almost daily walking in his pyjamas and bathrobe accompanied by a much larger and younger man. On rainy days the younger man would carry an umbrella to protect him from the rain. The old man mumbled and was dishevelled looking and even in New York City where everything is accepted, it seemed odd the old man wore pyjamas and a robe for his walks. Only after I mentioned the man to a Sicilian fishmonger whose shop was next to mine did I find out the truth.

The old man was Vincent "The Chin' Gigante, head of one of the five Cosa Nostra families in New York. As one of the most powerful criminal masterminds in America, the pyjama and robe was a ruse, apparently, he would also check himself into mental hospitals from time to time convinced that he could plead insanity with ample evidence of his malady.

"The Chin" died in prison. If a person goes by two names chances are he is hiding one life from another. It is easy to fool people if they are trusting and to help an individual in trouble is commendable. No hard feelings between us I hope.

Chopface
Tourist
Thailand

Post by Chopface »

The lads a pure whopper, badly sunburned and sleeping on the beach drugged out of his mind.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Chopface wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:23 pm The lads a pure whopper, badly sunburned and sleeping on the beach drugged out of his mind.
Sounds a top bloke to me, zero fucks given by the young man.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic