Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:55 pm From various facebook posts on various facebook pages. And why are you so eager to assume someone is a wrong un? Could you not be wrong? And regards the brit thing. I paid my dues for over 30 years. Never claimed a penny from the government.paid my taxes and stamps from the day i was legally due to do.so yes if i wanna think shit about my home country i will do.
Sorry i didnt use quote but am responding to you weiner.
There are three Nicky Smiths on Facebook, all women and from the looks of their pages all fake, no John Duffys. If you feel that pissing on the UK embassy makes you feel better, knock yourself out. You definitely are entitled to your opinions and if yelling at clouds makes your day brighter, please be my guest. I can only go by what was posted about the guy, like you I have never met him and like you until you found multiple posts on various facebook pages the only thing I knew is he is a druggie and aggressive.

I guess if you are allowed to think shit about your home country, I should be able to think shit about meth heads, don t you think that's fair? Glad you have been vindicated, it would have been horrible you boxing with shadows all day for nothing. And the name is Anthony's Weiner, not weiner, I would hate to think you are subtly trying to call me a dick.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Anchor Moy »

Soriya wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:04 pm Every important or capable country should have a representative on the ground. Many do already. People seem to misunderstand what an embassy's role is in a country. It has always been to encourage cooperation and trade and good relations between countries. They have never been about helping their helpless ordinary citizens who get themselves in trouble abroad. No country, especially the UK, can afford that kind of shit.

It should be important for a "first-world" country - even if it's just for public image and relations - that they look after their own people, and that they don't leave third world countries the responsibility of looking after their down and out citizens.
I cringe when I see first world beggars here in Cambodia. It's upside down. Cambodian beggars would never be accepted into Europe or USA or Australia.
The UK accepts any cunt and treats them better than the natives born and bred there
I don't see what this has to do with British citizens who are begging and sleeping on the streets of Phnom Penh. Even if they have no money and no job, they can still come to this country with no questions asked. If you take a Cambodian to the UK, then you will see the different treatment between UK and Cambodia for incoming foreigners.
The UK might accept any "ct", according to you, but try taking your Cambodian partner to the UK and see if they accept her or him, no questions asked, just like you are accepted in Cambodia with a VOA.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What the fuck kind of garbled nonsense was that I just forced myself to read? Any foreigners who are that retarded should just be deported unless they can pay a big annual fine.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:18 pm I would hate to think you are subtly trying to call me a dick.
:smartass: Nah, you reckon ? Lol. (Would be surprising with your subtle username.)
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm So according to multiple people looking for this guy.apparently he is a good guy who got spiked robbed and beaten.still doesnt deserve help??
I might add as reported on multiple fb pages
It's not about deserving or if he's a good guy. It's not the embassy's job to breastfeed people. The British Foreign Office collects intel on all countries and shares the pertinent info with everyone. Their website is an excellent resource, giving up to date country-specific info on all countries. It will advise you on where to go, where not to go, what dangers are there and what to look out for (for every country on earth). It will also advise you to make sure you are insured etc.

There is a limited amount of consular help they are mandated to give. They certainly don't look after people's personal problems, pay medical bills etc.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Soriya - you are barking up the wrong tree. It’s not the British Consulate you should be harassing. Better to go to HE’s house, kick down his door and demand that the Cambodian government take care of the burned up Brit because it’s the morally responsible thing to do. And at the same time, advocate that the Kingdom of Wonder should be taking care of all the other foreigners down on their luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I suspect those who are making judgements on the character of this man, however well founded are those least likely to offer assistance to anyone, deserving or not.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 pm
Soriya wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:04 pm Every important or capable country should have a representative on the ground. Many do already. People seem to misunderstand what an embassy's role is in a country. It has always been to encourage cooperation and trade and good relations between countries. They have never been about helping their helpless ordinary citizens who get themselves in trouble abroad. No country, especially the UK, can afford that kind of shit.

It should be important for a "first-world" country - even if it's just for public image and relations - that they look after their own people, and that they don't leave third world countries the responsibility of looking after their down and out citizens.
I cringe when I see first world beggars here in Cambodia. It's upside down. Cambodian beggars would never be accepted into Europe or USA or Australia.
The UK accepts any cunt and treats them better than the natives born and bred there
I don't see what this has to do with British citizens who are begging and sleeping on the streets of Phnom Penh. Even if they have no money and no job, they can still come to this country with no questions asked. If you take a Cambodian to the UK, then you will see the different treatment between UK and Cambodia for incoming foreigners.
The UK might accept any "ct", according to you, but try taking your Cambodian partner to the UK and see if they accept her or him, no questions asked, just like you are accepted in Cambodia with a VOA.
I have taken a previous partner back twice before.visa was issued first time.yes a lot of paperwork but by no means difficult.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:18 pm
Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:55 pm From various facebook posts on various facebook pages. And why are you so eager to assume someone is a wrong un? Could you not be wrong? And regards the brit thing. I paid my dues for over 30 years. Never claimed a penny from the government.paid my taxes and stamps from the day i was legally due to do.so yes if i wanna think shit about my home country i will do.
Sorry i didnt use quote but am responding to you weiner.
And the name is Anthony's Weiner, not weiner, I would hate to think you are subtly trying to call me a dick.
To be honest i didnt notice that when i posted that about your name. But if you wanna think that go ahead
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

There is Nicholas Smith from Glasgow who bears a striking resemblance to the man who was badly burnt. His posts are about Glasgow Celtic, pleas for help for other parties, having mental health issues and Buckfast fortified wine. I am not at all surprised that someone suffering from mental health issues and more than likely alcohol abuse issues has run into problems in the KOW. From the time I spent in Glasgow including attending a Rangers v Celtics match when there were terraces, not seats, an inebriated Celtic fan can be quite aggressive. The young man has heart and shows true empathy for others. From his posts, it is also very apparent that his mental health issues are not new and Buckfast is not the answer to his problems. I am not at all surprised that he has friends that are concerned for his health and safety and am of the opinion that his return to Glasgow where medical and psychiatric care are state-funded is certainly in his best interest. Cambodia was likely a poor choice of destinations for his travels and I am glad that he no longer faces his overwhelming problems alone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic