Car of Beautiful Online Seller Damaged by Small Boy on a Motorcycle

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Car of Beautiful Online Seller Damaged by Small Boy on a Motorcycle

Post by Duncan »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 am Yeah, apologies for restarting the VN war. It just got on my goat when someone referred to Cambodians as eating like
"fucking pigs".
..and then mentioned Thanksgiving in the same breath. (infamous to some us in this part of the world)

Anyway, back to topic
what was it again..??

I think it was something to do with her dress code
but I can't think back that far.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 am what was it again..??
The chinchilla notoriously feared by the knife sharpening community.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kinetic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Queef wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:25 pm
Kinetic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:22 pm
Queef wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 pm
Isaanbarang wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 pm

I m sure your wife appreciates the look you give her. No doubt she tanks her lucky stars every night that you lifted her to a level that you are no longer ashamed to be seen with her. And FYI California's rarely eat rat and live in million dollar homes. I am sure they struggle to put a Starbucks coffee in the cup holder of their Tesla. Perhaps I will go watch Pygmalion tonight or better yet why Don t you share the film with your gf, enjoy a fine Napa valley wine and tell her of your struggles.
She doesn't, but neither did I when I was... 4. I was never ashamed. Just disgusted.
California has one of the highest rates of homelessness in the US. Most Californian families are a medical bill away from losing, guess what, the roof over their heads. If the family used the house as a collateral to secure a student loan, guess what will happen if they default on the loan... Most hip people don't go to Starbucks. That's in Cambodia. People in California go to shops like Intelligentsia Coffee and other fancy coffee places (where a cup of coffee goes for $12-15, which is expensive when you're only getting $12/ hour before tax). As far as Teslas are concerned, they're much more popular in Norway than in California (Norway has introduced a tax free scheme for electric vehicles). A study was released earlier this year showing that more and more Americans were paying off their car note by using cash advances. Boy... So yea. I guess you could say that they struggle putting their 99c big gulp from 7/11 in their 2008 Honda Civic...
Instead of watching Pygmalion while sipping on some delicious Napa wine, I will make her watch Dominion again (while still sipping on some delicious Napa wine. She loves the cabs from there), so she will stop spending her money on Australian and American meat. You should really do some research before claiming that all of California is Malibu. You should also force yourself to think a bit more. I'm not in any way, shape, or form thinking that she's inferior. She just needs to learn more about the world and how it works. Cambodia is nothing. Cambodia is teaching Cambodians absolutely nothing about the world. Did you attend one of HE's high school by any chance?
You should find a well educated australian girlfriend, like that you won't lose your time to educate this cambodian girl with no manners, and won't lose your time to tell her how Cambodia is nothing in this world.
Why would I get an Australian girlfriend? Why not Japanese or Canadian? She showed signs that she wanted to improve herself. She told me herself that she doesn't wanna be ostracized if she ends up moving to the west. She already knows that Cambodia is nothing. She's been abroad more than once.
Because the way you try change her and how you consider Cambodia is really a pain in the ass to read!
Don't you just love it when incomers/migrants, call them what you will, settle somewhere then bitch about the place and the natives, whining that it's not like the place they come from. Integrate, assimilate, accept it for what it is, or go back where you come from. There's nothing worse than bitter old expats moaning about how "everything here is shit"
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Eating like a pig is fun, what's up with the cussing?
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Or worse still a young guy who bitches that there are nothing but old guys here. The whinger is under 35 and already is so set on his way or the hiway that travel couldn t broaden his mind. By the time he hits 60 he will be yelling at clouds. Ah to be young and cock sure.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

fax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 am what was it again..??
The chinchilla notoriously feared by the knife sharpening community.
But not the Chinchilla, a Squirrel apparently captured when on the ground and released, with it's tail hairs cut, being used to paint the miniature Rajputana paintings, using natural pigments to create the Rajasthani pictures of real gold real and silver, with minerals such as valuable stones are crushed, along with plant parts to form paints of natural source and colour of the Rajasthani arts.
Look how delicate she holds the cup, war and bombs are for world leaders to act and decide, mostly out of our control.
Nose and chin looking familiar may go back to the 16th century. Anyway what's the worry or harm, I still eat my curries with my fingers and thumb, but my Sunday roast with knife and fork, spoon for desert and a glass for wine.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

siliconlife wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:00 pm Eating like a pig is fun, what's up with the cussing?
I've a dear friend (a Brit) who "eats like a pig", and when he's finished shaking the wreckage of his meal from shirt and surveys the debris littering his area of the tablecloth, invariably declares "he must have been the only one to enjoy the meal" He does indeed, enjoy eating like a pig.
Apologies for the "S word" but it would appear to be the English speakers favourite when criticizing their new environment/neighbours.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Queef wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 pm
FYI, people struggle a lot more to keep a roof over their heads in California than in Cambodia. Enough with the Khmer Rouge excuse. It's getting old.
That's rich, coming from a priviliged young American. You are still dealing with Civil War issues from 150 or so years back and yet believe that Cambodians should have completely recovered from their wars that only ended just over 20 years ago. You seem to be completely ignorant about the conditions here and extreme poverty that most lived in until relatively recently, and many still do. You seem to be completely lacking in any empathy or humanity.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:04 pm
siliconlife wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:00 pm Eating like a pig is fun, what's up with the cussing?
I've a dear friend (a Brit) who "eats like a pig", and when he's finished shaking the wreckage of his meal from shirt and surveys the debris littering his area of the tablecloth, invariably declares "he must have been the only one to enjoy the meal" He does indeed, enjoy eating like a pig.
Apologies for the "S word" but it would appear to be the English speakers favourite when criticizing their new environment/neighbours.
Oh I wasn't referring to you saying 'shit' I was referring to the douche who said "Cambodians eat like fucking pigs". You're all good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic