Poipet: Cambodia's new boomtown ?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Poipet: Cambodia's new boomtown ?

Post by John Bingham »

I hope BigC expand. I guess the logistics are a lot simpler for Poipet so it's a good place to test it out. Whether there is enough of a customer base there I don't know, the only time I was in Poipet was 20 years ago when it was a total pile of shite. We could do with cheaper groceries here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Stopped by a few weeks ago and thought it was a great idea for big c... startegic location with all the inflow n outflow to thai...

Theres a food night mart to the left of the facility that i thoiught was awesome n cheap... Definitely good to see.. sometimes its just annoying to haggle..

I want to know how much right off the bat and make a decision.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

October 10, 2019
SSCA: Poipet airport still ‘under study’
Work on the Poipet airport project has yet to start despite the government authorising its development more than a year ago.

A check with the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation (SSCA) revealed that the investor that was granted permission to develop the province’s first airport has yet to begin work.

Poipet Airport Investment (PAI) received approval from the government to resume work on the airport in May last year.

“Nothing moved. The investor is conducting studies,” SSCA spokesman Sin Chanserey Vutha told Khmer Times last week, adding he is not sure when construction will start.

Poipet Governor San Sean Ho told the local media earlier that the new Poipet airport will be built on a 300-hectare land in Poipet’s Nimith commune. The proposed airport site is located 13 kilometres from the town proper.

When PAI’s application was approved last year, Mr Chanserey Vutha disclosed that the airport will be located on land owned by PAI.

“From what we know, [PAI] has the resources to complete the project,” he said. The project is expected to cost $40 to $50 million.

PAI was first granted permission to build the Poipet airport back in 2007. However, the project was shelved due to the 2008 global financial crisis.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50649492/s ... der-study/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

Poipet Airport... interesting idea... but a bit silly, really.
I'm not like other boys...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

7 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Minister of Tourism says new Poipet International Border Crossing passenger terminal an achievement for Royal Government

Fresh News
Minister of Tourism Thong Khon said that the new passenger terminal at Poipet International Border Crossing is one of the first places to provide hospitality and warmth to tourists and is a new achievement for the government.

The Minister made the remark while speaking at the inauguration ceremony of the new passenger terminal. The ceremony was presided over by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sar Kheng and was held on March 1.

Minister Khon said that construction of the border crossing building started on October 27, 2017 and was completed on September 2 of last year. The building was built in the traditional Khmer style.
Khmer Times
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

June 19, 2023
Five special economic zones in the Banteay Meanchey Province provide employment for more than 20,000 people
Banteay Meanchey has five special economic zones that created job opportunities for more than 20,000 people and help boost the province’s economy.

Oum Rath, Governor of Banteay Meanchey Province, told reporters of the National Radio of Cambodia that under the wise leadership of Prime Minister HE, Cambodia has developed in all sectors, especially Banteay Meanchey province, has received continuous development in terms of infrastructure, agriculture and agro-industry, which encouraged people to return to work from abroad.

He added that Banteay Meanchey now has five special economic zones and an industrial park that is engaged in the production of jewellery, textiles and agricultural by-products, employing more than 20,000 workers.
Khmer Times

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Toyota Tsusho Corporation to Invest in Automative Wire Harness in Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, August 05, 2023 --

Japan-based Toyota Tsusho Corporation is planning to invest in Automative Wire Harness in Sanco Poipet Special Economic Zone, Cambodia’s Banteay Meanchey province.

The new investment plan was revealed in a meeting here on Friday between H.E. Chea Vuthy, Deputy Secretary General of the Cambodian Investment Board/Cambodian Special Economic Zone Board and a delegation of Toyota Tsusho Corporation.

According to the Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC), the new project is expected to kick off in December this year, employing some 800 workers.

Some of the workers have currently been on a training in Thailand, the same source said.

Toyota Tsusho Corporation has been investing in Sanco Poipet Special Economic Zone since 2016.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic