Phnom Penh Expat Down to His Last 44 Cents & Needs a $2,500 Loan

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh Expat Down to His Last 44 Cents & Needs a $2,500 Loan

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:27 am Yeah, i'll throw in twenty bucks, (sorry, i'm the 2nd poorest man i know)
PM me if you are serious.

(because i'm a contrarian, not because i am a fool)
Credits to you...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

fax wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:29 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:27 am PM me if you are serious.
His ABA account number is 001150030.
and the account is in the name of Van Wyk Jacques, so that's his real name.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Soriya wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:26 am
fax wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:16 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:06 am I have not been able for the past 3months to get my medication for ADHD
No shit, it's illegal to import amphetamines.
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:06 am people just ignore me when I ask when will I be paid.
Then how exactly is he planning to repay the loan?

He apparently works at western school since july.so dunno what his done with his wages. He should ask for an advance. Cant see anyone helping him.
If true at least he has a job - I guess he's not teaching accounting or financial management then.

Like fax I'm gonna hazard drugs or hookers as there is no valid normal reason to be down and out, barring illness or accidents if you are working and living within your means.

Western pay is reasonable, they are financially stable and pay a few days late at most.

I'm speculating of course. More facts are required from the guy as to how and why..
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

So he owes people money already and owes lots of money and needs $2500, how much does he earn a month? Most apartments are say (for someone not earning over $1500) (as a presumed tefler from south africa hes probably on less) would be $250- $400 yet he needs $2500. Clearly owes some big people money on his ponzi scheme. Give me $2500 to pay all my debts but I won't give you any guarantees about when I'll pay you back. Its clear that he has scammed everyone he knows including probably his school and nobody left to ask. Another white SA tefler dreamer he needs to give the nights out a rest.

I see he's a servant of God so thoughts and prayers to him. He can always cancel his aba account and get the $10 deposit back ...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm ponzi scheme.
:plus1: true!!!
angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm needs to give the nights out a rest.
and lay off the pipe for a while. The ADHD takes its toll you know
angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I see he's a servant of God so thoughts and prayers to him.

As for the $10 bucks back from ABA - good luck with that one - they dun like scammers either
Last edited by Mishmash on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm So he owes people money already and owes lots of money and needs $2500, how much does he earn a month? Most apartments are say (for someone not earning over $1500) (as a presumed tefler from south africa hes probably on less) would be $250- $400 yet he needs $2500. Clearly owes some big people money on his ponzi scheme. Give me $2500 to pay all my debts but I won't give you any guarantees about when I'll pay you back. Its clear that he has scammed everyone he knows including probably his school and nobody left to ask. Another white SA tefler dreamer he needs to give the nights out a rest.

I see he's a servant of God so thoughts and prayers to him. He can always cancel his aba account and get the $10 deposit back ...
Now is that true! My lady changed bank's. ABA phoned her about her $10 deposit and told her it's cancelled and kept her deposit.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Zero sympathy and zero fucks given to be quite honest.
Why? Let me break it down as I read it.
Due to matters out of my control
Really? Out of your control or were there reckless decisions made that you now regret?
I am behind on the rest of the deposit amount for my apartment,
So you haven’t even paid a full deposit? And of course you are behind on the rent and all bills. Was this also “out of your control”? Or more likely a case of poor decisions culminating in his current situation.
, I have not been able for the past 3months to get my medication for ADHD, depression, anxiety and Insomnia.
And that statement alone cries pathetic loser.... oh no.. woe is me it’s not my fault. Get a grip ffs. You decided, given your “medical” history the best thing would be to move to Cambodia! Man up, face your problems and deal with them before they become a problem for the rest of us. You should never have left the safety of your mothers apron strings.

Please note, I wouldn’t normally respond to these types of posts but this one needed me to vent. And given everyone has an opinion on these down and outs I thought I might as well throw my bit in the pool as well.
Last edited by IraHayes on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

My 7 year old can handle his monthly school money better than Ponzi Guy.

I asked him if he could spare the guy some cash.. Nahhhh. $10 bucks pay back $100 with smartphone as collateral.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Methinks cast a wider net with GoFundMe.. :color
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

He has professional qualifications in Finance and Management.

https://th.linkedin.com/in/jacques-van-wyk-69930a2a
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic