Car of Beautiful Online Seller Damaged by Small Boy on a Motorcycle

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Car of Beautiful Online Seller Damaged by Small Boy on a Motorcycle

Post by Doc67 »

explorer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:13 am
Queef wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 am I get it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But damn CEO, that's another tranny looking broad. Homegirl could easily hold a 40 with those toes. She (or it) is like a mix between Michael Jackson and Shaq. Yuck.
Brody wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 am Not necessarily a tranny......she is what all wannabe highfalutin Khmer women want to have...
....nose job
.....chin implant
.....sickly vampire complexion
= SAAAAAAART
Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:07 am Her chin looks a right mess, like a bad reconstruction job after an accident, except there was no accident.
Consider the idea that she is a real person with feelings. Dont you think, if she read this she would find it offensive? Dont you think that other Cambodians reading this would find it offensive? Dont you think that other women reading this would find it offensive?

Maybe CEOCambodiaNews should stop referring to women as beautiful, so people dont make these sort of comments.
In a society with free speech people have no protection against being offended. It's the acid test of free speech. Once you accept that there are special groups that require legal protection from the very nebulous term "Offence" then you are on a slippery slope and will invite every powerful group demanding their share of legal protection. Legal protection is also known as legal retribution. It is also known as draconian defamation laws. Does this sound familiar to anyone living here?

Some people will get offended for the smallest possible reason and are beyond help. Ignore them and move on.

There are those people who get offended by proxy, believing they are championing a cause (aka hijacking a cause)

The worst type are those that pretend to be offended, again by proxy, and then try to silence others through shaming. The world is full of professional activists making a living out of this racket.

If you honestly think you have a right not to be offended then you are in for a very rough ride in life.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Well said, Doc.
HILD-CEO
Tourist
Norway

Post by HILD-CEO »

I like what doc said but it does not mean that people should never consider the feelings of another person. There really is nothing wrong with having some consideration for others.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

HILD-CEO wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 am There really is nothing wrong with having some consideration for others.
Yeah, but you notice it's the dick lipped alien faced traffic cone shape breast blonde getting all defense and not the fist clenched Kiwi ambassador with the hockey haircut hanging behind his ogre breath face.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Damn, kid, what you go and mess up that sweet Daelim for?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

HILD-CEO wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 am There really is nothing wrong with having some consideration for others.
Nobody said that there was. Some people have it and some don't and the people who do, have it to varying degrees.

Just because someones amount of consideration does not rise to the level of making the entire world a giant safe-space does not mean they should not make observations about things.

I can't believe explorer has turned a benign teasing, cheeky thread into some dissection of post modernist, millennial, butt-hurt, pie in the sky ideations.

Nota Bene: I hope my comments and their possible lack of consideration for the feelings of others, does not cause anyone any undue harm whilst going through the course of their day.

Thank you.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

You know I have had a look at the pics again of the damage to the car and I can't figure out how it happened.

It certainly wasn't head on as the damage appears to be from the rear towards the front (or at least the alien's famous gash appears ripped from behind)

Who was reversing at what speed to cause that much damage?

Daelim's don't have a reverse gear unless farmer kid turned pikey and entered monster trucks.

I'm calling BS and Robber's Dog Alien Face pulled a fast one and ran away without compensation to the hard-working boy for destroying his family vehicle..
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Brody wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:10 am
Nobody said that there was. Some people have it and some don't and the people who do, have it to varying degrees.

Just because someones amount of consideration does not rise to the level of making the entire world a giant safe-space does not mean they should not make observations about things.

I can't believe explorer has turned a benign teasing, cheeky thread into some dissection of post modernist, millennial, butt-hurt, pie in the sky ideations.

Nota Bene: I hope my comments and their possible lack of consideration for the feelings of others, does not cause anyone any undue harm whilst going through the course of their day.

Thank you.
I personally find explorers sweeping statements that all khmers are lying/cheating/scamming/thieving/money obsessed/drunks/rapists/prostitutes/degenerates who nobody is safe around Far worse than a bit of gentle ribbing of some botched plastic surgery.

In fact the more dark skinned natural Khmer beauties realize that (and I will have to go with Brody's magnificent description) that a pointy witch nose and pointy witch chin implant and sickly vampire complexion is not attractive and they are magnificent as they are is a good PSA for these girls to ensure they avoid the same fate of looking like some male k-pop plastic star.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:10 am

Thank you.
I personally find explorers sweeping statements that all khmers are lying/cheating/scamming/thieving/money obsessed/drunks/rapists/prostitutes/degenerates who nobody is safe around Far worse than a bit of gentle ribbing of some botched plastic surgery.

In fact the more dark skinned natural Khmer beauties realize that (and I will have to go with Brody's magnificent description) that a pointy witch nose and pointy witch chin implant and sickly vampire complexion is not attractive and they are magnificent as they are is a good PSA for these girls to ensure they avoid the same fate of looking like some male k-pop plastic star.
I asked my missus who saw this on her phone (Khmer grapevine) what she thought about the Alien bird.

She says she is a plastic toy that our children play with.

She is being hammered on Khmer Social media - too late...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm In fact the more dark skinned natural Khmer beauties realize that they are magnificent as they are is a good PSA for these girls to ensure they avoid the same fate of looking like some male k-pop plastic star.

ImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic