Self defence or not... you be the judge

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Self defence or not... you be the judge

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

A man makes a commotion in a Lauder Hill, Florida convenience store storms out and then throws a can of motor oil at the door. The owner opened up first wit a Glock that jammed and then with his AK-47 (who doesn t have one for self-protection) hitting the unarmed man and paralyzing him from the waist down.

His lawyer wants the charges dismissed as the store owner thought he was being shot at, apparently, the can hitting his door was mistaken for gunfire. The fat guy in the pink pants was armed as well.

Convict the store owner of aggravated assault or let him walk?

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Self defence or not... you be the judge

Post by cptrelentless »

Florida has a stand your ground law. Anywhere that's your home or business you can shoot anyone you want as long as you felt threatened.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Red necks :facepalm:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

With due respect, I think this is only a question for USA-americans, where the moral compass regarding killing people with guns differs completely to most of humankind.

The answer is bleedingly obvious to 99% of the rest of us.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Can somebody also explain the pink and black thing at the end ... what is that?! #ThanksInAdvance
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Why these things always happen right near my home in Florida (Palm Beach County, 30 mins away) ashames me. It was my county that f-d up the votes for Gore/Bush. Anyhow, I have a current carry permit for Florida and as stated above do have a "Stand your ground" law as stated above. I believe the law is a good one but it's terrible what defendants can claim to argue their case. Just last week a female cop was convicted of murder. She walked into the wrong apartment (was confused and thought it was hers) and shot its tenant because she believed her life was in danger.

The video in this thread is missing a minute of what took place after the asshole outside threw the trash can. The assholes inside the store argued for a minute after the can hit the door. We don't know if the asshole outside feinted drawing a weapon, was indeed armed, or who knows whatever else.

I do not see how anyone could answer your question without more video or witness accounts.
Still here, in country...
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:41 pm With due respect, I think this is only a question for USA-americans, where the moral compass regarding killing people with guns differs completely to most of humankind.

So let me see if I got this straight. If someone attempted to shoot, stab, or run you over on purpose you would let them. I'm sorry if you have been left unarmed by your country and are not able to protect yourself nor your family. But don't worry, the criminals in your country follow the laws like you and do not carry weapons so, you are safe. Trust what your government tells you. keep drinking their kool aid :popcorn:

Those douche bags in the video have no right to own weapons and will now pay a price whether in blood, jail and or cash.
Still here, in country...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Spigzy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 pm Can somebody also explain the pink and black thing at the end ... what is that?! #ThanksInAdvance
ALL of those AK and AR heroes have a little fat thing in pink and black stashed away in their closet.
I thought everyone knew that, Spigz.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:41 pm With due respect, I think this is only a question for USA-americans, where the moral compass regarding killing people with guns differs completely to most of humankind.

So let me see if I got this straight. If someone attempted to shoot, stab, or run you over on purpose you would let them. I'm sorry if you have been left unarmed by your country and are not able to protect yourself nor your family. But don't worry, the criminals in your country follow the laws like you and do not carry weapons so, you are safe.
...Trust what your government tells you. keep drinking their kool aid
Arrr Ravens, I think i am safer than any USA-american.
I think that because statistics clearly demonstrate americans kill themselves with guns in vast numbers
regardless of guilt/innocence/mentally ill/criminal/hero/cop/school-kid/passer by
At about what? 20, 50 ?? times the rate as almost anywhere else.

PS, i have never let anyone shoot, stab or run over me - nor did i have to shoot 25,000 people per year to stop that from happening.
It's generally like that for everybody - in the civilised world.
PPS, Cool Aid, like the high levels of gun violence, is a particularly american thing only, none of us others touch the stuff.

:stir: :-D
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Trying to educate yanks about the dangers of guns in scociety,is like teaching a toddler not to touch something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic