Nepal. A Blog.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Nepal. A Blog.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Brody wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:27 am Damn HB, another stunning batch.

You better start copyrighting these pics or I'm gonna take them and publish a coffee-table book and retire with the proceeds! :mrgreen:
Generous as always, Brody, thanks. The reality is I think most understand these are amateurish at best, but, well, I'm having a lot of fun trying to get to the next level. The thing about hobbies I suspect is we rarely attain a standard we're happy with.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Well, I like your eye. It's similar to the types of shots I try to get.

I'm a bit of an amateur photog myself. Hillbilly, how much post production fiddling do you do with your pics?

Are they all framed and color balanced as you took them? Or do you do cropping and color work on your computer with them?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Brody wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:58 am Well, I like your eye. It's similar to the types of shots I try to get.

I'm a bit of an amateur photog myself. Hillbilly, how much post production fiddling do you do with your pics?

Are they all framed and color balanced as you took them? Or do you do cropping and color work on your computer with them?
I don't have much in the way of editing software, just the one that comes with windows which restricts any real post. I might reduce some highlights if something's blown out or ad shadow but try not to do much else. It's been suggested to me by my nephew (who's a real photographer) and others that I have some small ability in framing which doesn't see me crop a great deal, although I do occasionally. I used to over edit making images look a little artificial so try and keep away from it as much as I can but of course I'm not that competent that I can avoid it completely.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Great stuff 👍
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Very cool pictures :good:

Nepal is one of my dream destinations I have to get to soon.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:21 pm
taabarang wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 pm Two quick questions.
)Do you happen to know the name of the
fearsome looking statue represents?
) What is the name of the food that looks like
pretzels?

Oops, one more question, how's the patella fella?
Hey, tb.
1. They're Nepalese tribal masks.
2. It's a sweet pretzel called Jalebi, I believe.
3. Patella is good but nursing it a bit. Not walking as far or as fast.
Could also be called a Bhairav Mask, also known as fierce manifestation of lord Shiva. I had actually hoped I could have pin pointed it, and got a better description.
Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh India. Intentions was to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama, unfortunately he was on his travels too, I did manage to see his doctor,
I was still unfortunately getting over a little Delhi belly. Then on to Manali, then a trip up the Rohtang pass on Enfield's. Next stop Gangtok, Sikkim to view Kangchenjunga. Then the time was near to meet up with a few more climbers. Should not really say, but I had been in and out of Nepal on a few occasions, slipping over the border without the stamp, love rural Nepal, I will never forget my first sight of Everest and Makalu form a distance of 125 miles away, how magnificent they looked on that crisp clear morning, together myself and nephew trekking with 60lbs of climbing gear 27 years ago.
I feel for you "Kung-fu Hillbilly" with your injury, I suffered a similar fate in later years with a rock climbing fall, but not when I was instructing. Hell it hurts the knees going down hill.take good care of it, and especially yourself and keep interesting blog coming. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Managed to get a slow walk in this morning, the first in almost two weeks. Good to get out of the hotel.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic