Car of Beautiful Online Seller Damaged by Small Boy on a Motorcycle

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Car of Beautiful Online Seller Damaged by Small Boy on a Motorcycle

Post by Spigzy »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 am I have seen some other pictures not shown here the damage done (below) - any car experts can confirm this is odd? looks like it ripped like cardboard or aluminum foil, would this be due to being a cut and shut job or is that normal for it to be like that with such minimal impact? looks like the car will need some fillers and a bit of cosmetic surgery as well.

They are aluminium panels so quite soft; bear in mind the kid wasn't just riding a moto, he had one of those iron/steel/rebar side carts with all the jagged pipe corners & edges, etc. which I suspect did the damage and also flipped the bike around. By the time princess realised she'd hit him and put her Instagram down, I'm sure it could do a nice big gash as seen.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:10 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 am I have seen some other pictures not shown here the damage done (below) - any car experts can confirm this is odd? looks like it ripped like cardboard or aluminum foil, would this be due to being a cut and shut job or is that normal for it to be like that with such minimal impact? looks like the car will need some fillers and a bit of cosmetic surgery as well.

They are aluminium panels so quite soft; bear in mind the kid wasn't just riding a moto, he had one of those iron/steel/rebar side carts with all the jagged pipe corners & edges, etc. which I suspect did the damage and also flipped the bike around. By the time princess realised she'd hit him and put her Instagram down, I'm sure it could do a nice big gash as seen.
The pictures appear reversed - the original shows the boy is on the wrong side of the road as the number plate is not reversed.

Now you mention the cart part can see how it happened.

Lucky it was only car and bike damaged and kudos to the lady for waiving charges.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Come on, she forgave him because the McLaren driver was praised for doing so. There is no way this kid could have paid for anything except her social media fame.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

fax wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 pm Come on, she forgave him because the McLaren driver was praised for doing so. There is no way this kid could have paid for anything except her social media fame.
Yeah.. She offends my eyes sadly - I won't be subscribing to her channel.

Wouldn't trust her driving anyway if she can't see a bike and cart in the invisible Khmer lane everyone knows and expects (reserved for contrary oncoming) - or at least give it some space.

Not the best example of defensive driving.

Maybe she was too busy taking a selfie to notice.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:13 am
Queef wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 am I get it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But damn CEO, that's another tranny looking broad. Homegirl could easily hold a 40 with those toes. She (or it) is like a mix between Michael Jackson and Shaq. Yuck.
Brody wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 am Not necessarily a tranny......she is what all wannabe highfalutin Khmer women want to have...
....nose job
.....chin implant
.....sickly vampire complexion
= SAAAAAAART
Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:07 am Her chin looks a right mess, like a bad reconstruction job after an accident, except there was no accident.
Consider the idea that she is a real person with feelings. Dont you think, if she read this she would find it offensive? Dont you think that other Cambodians reading this would find it offensive? Dont you think that other women reading this would find it offensive?

Maybe CEOCambodiaNews should stop referring to women as beautiful, so people dont make these sort of comments.
Commenting on the appearance of a woman from a photograph offends you and then, of course, it, in turn, offends the woman and Cambodians. The opinions expressed are of a single woman, the photos of her were seen by the posters.

You, however, comment negatively on all tuk-tuk drivers, ones you have never met nor seen and in fact, do not even know a single thing about other than their occupation.

Do you see any sort of a double standard here? Moses, it is time to climb down off the mound and put your holier than thou robes away for a while. Leave the pontificating to the pontiff.

by explorer
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:25 pm
Forum: Newsworthy
Topic: Bag Snatching from Tuktuk from Phnom Penh Airport
Would any of the tuktuk drivers be in cahoots with thieves? All of them. Most of them are also paying off the police.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

ImageI too do not find her attractive in appearance but she started her business just over 2 years ago and has some 412,500 followers on her company Fb page and 50,000 followers on her personal page. She obviously is no dummy and certainly knows a thing or two about self-promotion. She is well on her way to be the Khmer Kim Kardashian and I suspect she came from far more humble beginnings.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

I think most men are hard-wired to look at women.

Women look at men too - for sure.

"Beautiful" is click-bait men fall for time after time, can't help it - I just have to look

Then there is the inevitable banter and comments - as in real life.

In this case she is a model - so makes money from her looks - on social media too.

As for being hurt - I get called names far far worse (many deservedly) and if people call me bald twat with a face like a bag of spanners is just a huge laugh.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 pm I too do not find her attractive
Wassat?

MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase:
I sent the photo of her to a client back in N.Z.His reply is worth repeating, " Mate ,she's got a head like a robber's dog " .
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 pm ImageI too do not find her attractive in appearance but she started her business just over 2 years ago and has some 412,500 followers on her company Fb page and 50,000 followers on her personal page. She obviously is no dummy and certainly knows a thing or two about self-promotion. She is well on her way to be the Khmer Kim Kardashian and I suspect she came from far more humble beginnings.
Is this the selfie taken just immediately before 'the accident' nearly wiping out a young farmer? :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic