Chinese Online Gambling Now in Kampot: 17 Arrests

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Chinese Online Gambling Now in Kampot: 17 Arrests

Post by Albror »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:42 am I think it has peaked. Some photos on FB of empty shops and talk of slashed rents by landlords trying to meet the mortgage.

The crackdown seems to be working.
That group alone is like at least 50% of The chineese visible at night.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:52 pm Allow me to be frank and honest.

We came here because we were all dissatisfied with our governments or our countries.

We all saw great hope and a chance to have a society we loved and appreciated.

It maybe was not as we hoped - but still better than back home.

If you cave in now what hope do the Khmer people have?? and what hope do YOU have??

Many of you are parents. Many of you are honest hard-working men and women.

Every genuine Khmer will help you. If you need help call me.

I sincerely request all of you to present any workable solution to our problems. i guarantee I will introduce you to the right person.

I have stuck my neck out, but the situation, as everyone can see - demands it.
Problem is tho that alot of The Western people here dont give a shit to. They want The country and people to stay poor so they can keep sit and drink 50 cent beers all day long.

God forbid if anything change.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Wages are indeed far too low.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Albror wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 pm
Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:52 pm Allow me to be frank and honest.

We came here because we were all dissatisfied with our governments or our countries.

We all saw great hope and a chance to have a society we loved and appreciated.

It maybe was not as we hoped - but still better than back home.

If you cave in now what hope do the Khmer people have?? and what hope do YOU have??

Many of you are parents. Many of you are honest hard-working men and women.

Every genuine Khmer will help you. If you need help call me.

I sincerely request all of you to present any workable solution to our problems. i guarantee I will introduce you to the right person.

I have stuck my neck out, but the situation, as everyone can see - demands it.
Problem is tho that alot of The Western people here dont give a shit to. They want The country and people to stay poor so they can keep sit and drink 50 cent beers all day long.

God forbid if anything change.
I steer clear of negative people and places if I can help it, but I see your point.

There are many many Westerners who DO give a shit. They provide employment, training and contribute towards prosperity and have done so since well before my time here.

A lot of my friends who own large construction companies here ALL express gratitude to the Westerners who originally taught them and gave them the knowledge and attitude for success.

My original employees who came with zero and could not afford their University fees are now site managers and project managers, some have their own small teams.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic