Indochine 2 hotel Phnom Penh still there?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bobby66
Tourist
Denmark

Indochine 2 hotel Phnom Penh still there?

Post by Bobby66 »

Hello

Last year in October (2018) I wanted to stay at Indochine 2 Hotel ( street 130? ) as usual but it was under renovation. Does the hotel still exist?
If not; is there other cheapish but safe hotels in the same area 15-25 dollars?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Indochine 2 hotel Phnom Penh still there?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Now called Ostro Hotel (cnr st 130/5) same owner I think to Ostro bar and resto (cnr st 136/5). Renovations seem finished...bar/resto open on ground floor but I think they're not ready yet for room reservations..albeit might be soon.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I just checked Indochine Hotel (1 ??) - the original on Sisowath

Very basic, but worth the $20-25 if you can get a front window room.
Seriously good people/river/everything watching.

Recent reviews OK
BUT.. it does not seem to be taking bookings
- at least not thru Booking.com and TripAdv
??
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The mattresses got delivered today. Note the sign recruiting hotel staff.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Memories. That was the first place I stayed on arrival in Cambodia.We used to party on the top floor balcony. Apologies to anyone I may have disturbed. :banana:
Bobby66
Tourist
Denmark

Post by Bobby66 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 pm Now called Ostro Hotel (cnr st 130/5) same owner I think to Ostro bar and resto (cnr st 136/5). Renovations seem finished...bar/resto open on ground floor but I think they're not ready yet for room reservations..albeit might be soon.
Thx for the info
Bobby66
Tourist
Denmark

Post by Bobby66 »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:53 pm Image

The mattresses got delivered today. Note the sign recruiting hotel staff.
Yeah and I can even see that the guy handling the goods is one of the original staff from Indochine 2. Rooms are probably going up in price due to the renovation.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The first time I came to Cambodia, almost 20 years ago, I was injured and a bit whacked out on painkillers. I asked the taxi driver at Pochentong to take me to the Indochine, it had been recommended. The driver went into the Indochine and came out saying it was full and I'd have to check out the place next door. So I ended up staying there one night because it gave me some serious creeps.

So fast-forward five years or so, I have decided to move to Cambodia. I've been in loads of places since but it's only my second visit. I ask the taxi-driver at Pochentong to bring me to a guesthouse down near Wat Botum. As soon as we hit the quays he stops outside that haunted shit hole next to Indochine again and tried to get me to stay there again. Luckily it was torn down years ago.

I never actually got to stay in the Indochine.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:57 pm The first time I came to Cambodia, almost 20 years ago, I was injured and a bit whacked out on painkillers. I asked the taxi driver at Pochentong to take me to the Indochine, it had been recommended. The driver went into the Indochine and came out saying it was full and I'd have to check out the place next door. So I ended up staying there one night because it gave me some serious creeps.

So fast-forward five years or so, I have decided to move to Cambodia. I've been in loads of places since but it's only my second visit. I ask the taxi-driver at Pochentong to bring me to a guesthouse down near Wat Botum. As soon as we hit the quays he stops outside that haunted shit hole next to Indochine again and tried to get me to stay there again. Luckily it was torn down years ago.

I never actually got to stay in the Indochine.

I stayed there for a month in 2006. Nice family that own it, the place was busy then. It looked empty the last few times I have been past. Indo 2 always had package tours going through it and therefore some relatively normal clientele. Then st 130 became the same as 136 and the tour groups went elsewhere. Decent location but too many stairs.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

55 bucks a night.Lift which is vital for many and a comp brekkie.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic