Brutal beating at the Russian Market

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Brutal beating at the Russian Market

Post by John Bingham »

siliconlife wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:56 pm One of the reasons I left Phnom Penh. Witnessed what looked like a mob justice murder on the riverside, two machete attacks on St. 51, and numerous savage beatings back in the day.
Ha! I manage to avoid all that by staying away from those areas as much as possible. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:50 pm
siliconlife wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:56 pm One of the reasons I left Phnom Penh. Witnessed what looked like a mob justice murder on the riverside, two machete attacks on St. 51, and numerous savage beatings back in the day.
Ha! I manage to avoid all that by staying away from those areas as much as possible. 8)
I lived on St. 51 because it was near my workplace. The machete attacks I saw from my balcony. The mob beating I was just driving by... I'd seen beatings back in Australia, and even a horrific manslaughter once, when I was 18. I guess I was young and wanted to party... Didn't know any better. I certainly avoid it now.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

fax wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 amStreet 376?
:?: That's nowhere near RM.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

LIVIDZX wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:28 am
fax wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 amStreet 376?
:?: That's nowhere near RM.
It’s 4 streets from TTP pagoda. I asked because the police had closed it off yesterday morning with guns drawn. “Nowhere near”, only a stone throw away.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

fax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:23 am with guns drawn.
Really?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Brody wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:42 am Really?
What are you getting at?

I had to go around some coppers because they had blocked the street and I saw this thread and was wondering if it was the same incident. Apparently it was something separate. That’s all.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

fax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:14 am
Brody wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:42 am Really?
What are you getting at?
What am I getting at?

Jesus man, you posted that the cops had their "guns drawn", which I found hard to believe, so I asked "really?". I wanted some clarification, because being a non-native English speaker, you might have misspoken.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

You find trivial things hard to believe all the time. You didn’t believe me when I said that I pass behind Lucky almost on a daily basis.

Now we’re debating if the guns were drawn or perhaps a few notches below what you consider drawn. Was I even on that street? I guess we will never know. Its’s tedious.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

fax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:37 am You find trivial things hard to believe all the time.
I don't find the fact that you reported that a police officer had his gun unholstered and drawn to be trivial at all.....

....hence why it caught my attention and I asked for clarification from you...

....clarification that never comes because you're a consistently truculent knuckle-head.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

fax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:23 am It’s 4 streets from TTP pagoda. I asked because the police had closed it off yesterday morning with guns drawn. “Nowhere near”, only a stone throw away.
I live on 376 and saw no such thing, though could have missed it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic