Hong Kong Burning - Revolution of Our Times

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Hong Kong Burning - Revolution of Our Times

Post by Mishmash »

Resisting the Chicoms/Chinazis

Streets Barricaded

Chinese banks smashed up and burned out

Chinese businesses burnt to the ground

Government Offices Wrecked

CCTV Cameras Sprayed and/or Destroyed

Ten Year Old Kids Arrested

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Hong Kong Burning - Revolution of Our Times

Post by frank lee bent »

If this does not bring troops, nothing will.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I'm sad about this. It can only end badly. [I lived in HK and still have some friends there. :( ]

The British are weakened with Brexit problems, and the Chinese can't put up with any more of this face-shaming civil disobedience on their doorstep. :dragonchase:
There will be mass arrests for sure, and disappearances too.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:21 pm If this does not bring troops, nothing will.
You can't defeat an idea whose time has come Frank - but we shall see..

I'm like you in that i like the Chinese people, but dislike their governmental system
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

'Protecting rioters': China warns Apple over app that tracks Hong Kong police
State media says ‘poisonous’ app made Apple an accomplice in the Hong Kong protests
Verna Yu in Hong Kong
Wed 9 Oct 2019 06.47 BST
China’s state media has accused Apple of endorsing and protecting “rioters” in Hong Kong’s increasingly violent protests by listing an app on its app store that tracks the movement of police in the city.

The condemnation, by the People’s Daily, a Chinese Communist party mouthpiece, appears to be China’s latest move to pressure foreign companies to toe the line after its state TV and Chinese companies cancelled collaboration with the US National Basketball Association over comments by a team official in support of Hong Kong’s protests.

The app HKmap.live, which crowdsources the location of police and anti-government protesters, was approved by Apple on 4 October and went on its App Store a day later, after the company reversed an earlier decision to reject the submission, according to an anonymous developer cited in the South China Morning Post. The app displays hotspots on a map of the city that is continuously updated as users report incidents, hence allowing protesters to avoid police.

The headline of the People’s Daily commentary carried by its official microblog on Wednesday said: “Protecting rioters – Has Apple thought clearly about this?”

It went on to say: “Allowing the ‘poisonous’ app to flourish is a betrayal of the Chinese people’s feelings.”

The HKmap.live is reportedly the most downloaded app under the travel category in the iOS App Store for Hong Kong.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ong-police
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

The police are public servants aren't they?? Knowing where they are is helpful to all citizens. Can't find one when you need one!
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:17 am
The condemnation, by the People’s Daily, a Chinese Communist party mouthpiece,
People's Daily mouthpiece lol - reminds me of this...

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Mishmash wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 pm You can't defeat an idea whose time has come Frank - but we shall see..

I'm like you in that i like the Chinese people, but dislike their governmental system
China could round up the entire population of Hong Kong, harvest their organs and put them in camp and the world would stand by and not do a goddamn thing.

You are wrong about your enemy. China is big enough to swallow them in one bite and the world would not bat an eye.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I can t see any western power stepping up to the plate to save Hong Kong. I can t see any western power standing up to China.
Hell, America turned it's back on the Kurds and they were our allies. The UK, brexit or no brexit are no match for the Chinese, in fact, the whole western world would find it difficult to contain the PRC. 70 years ago McArthur had a good idea, that was long before the Chinese had anything but manpower. Technologically and militarily they are at least or equal now.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Hell, America turned it's back on the Kurds
for the eighth time in a century
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Any one seen what happened over at the NBA (national basketball association)?

Manager of the local Houston team tweets that he supports Hong Kong, and then quickly recants, but it’s too late. The entire NBA will be punished for his sin of free speech.

Mainland China has now banned all preseason broadcasts in country, and worse to come.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic