I am concerned about a British national living in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CommandoRed
Expatriate
Denmark

Re: I am concerned about a British national living in Cambodia

Post by CommandoRed »

Do you have him in line app as line ID or phone number?

He might have changed or lost his phone...#

Few months later that phone number gets re used and a Khmer guy is logging on all his account.
ibish
Tourist
Barbados

Post by ibish »

:please: I have met him only once. But I don't think that is a relevant information. I wouldn't call him a friend or anything. It's just, I don't know I wanted to make sure he is ok. I would do that for anyone I know. He might need help I thought. Nobody leaves his phone to some 40 something yo man to have access to his social media accounts. It does look suspicious. Anyway, seems like there is nothing much I can do about it. I wish admins delete this post if it's possible. This is of no help and I feel uncomfortable talking about him now.
ibish
Tourist
Barbados

Post by ibish »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:14 pm :voilent4: A lot of people don't really go missing, they just go off the radar for a bit, often because they have to or just feel like it. If you only have one number to contact with someone and no alternative ways to contact them it's not surprising when you fall out of touch, and maybe they just want to be alone?
I don't want to keep in touch with him. I didn't want to. There is no reason for him to want to be left alone. Having first hand experiences in a different SA country, I thought he might be hurt or something. My only intention was to check if he was ok.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Don't feel bad for caring about people.

Is Pieman still around?

Try sending a personal message to Pieman. He seemed to know a lot of foreigners in Phnom Penh.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

ibish wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:04 pm My only intention was to check if he was ok.
no doubt

the protocol to find 'missing persons' is to post YOUR contact details
and their name or other identifying info
people who know them or of them can then pass on your contact info
and the person can contact you if they want to

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic