Coming Soon, New 15,000 Riel Notes

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Coming Soon, New 15,000 Riel Notes

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, Phnom Penh: On 3 October 2019, the Royal Government of Cambodia and the National Bank of Cambodia have announced the issue of new 15,000 Riel notes, designed to celebrate the occasion of the 15th Anniversary of the Royal Coronation of His Majesty the King Norodom Sihamoni, King of Cambodia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Coming Soon, New 15,000 Riel Notes

Post by Mishmash »

:beer3: I hope they are some similar color and my wife gets confused and fills my daily wallet allowance with these instead of 5000 Riels. :beer3:

I was on the missing list for a few hours when the 50,000 came out but sadly she caught on too quickly ...
pischa
Tourist
Germany

Post by pischa »

yes let's make the notes even more confusing. Also how are these printers controlled? .......
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 pm :beer3: I hope they are some similar color and my wife gets confused and fills my daily wallet allowance with these instead of 5000 Riels. :beer3:

I was on the missing list for a few hours when the 50,000 came out but sadly she caught on too quickly ...
Seriously? Daily allowance??
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I'm not sure how the Riel really works, but it's been a while since 4000 was on a par with the dollar. I do use Riel a lot and one thing that makes it difficult is the apparent lack of high-denomination notes. I had a 100,000 note maybe once, 50,000 a few times and 20,000 is becoming more common but in general it's mostly 10,000 or less. My bank gives out Riel in 10,000 notes.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Soriya wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:24 pm
Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 pm :beer3: I hope they are some similar color and my wife gets confused and fills my daily wallet allowance with these instead of 5000 Riels. :beer3:

Yes... :beer3:

I am a traditional guy

Sure - I am the head of my family, but my wife is the center. I remember that everyone in the family sucks or has sucked on her tits - like most normal families.

For me any guy worth his salt hands over everything to his family and enjoys the privilege of being honored for that.

Husband means loaf-maker, Wife means loaf-keeper in the English language.

The objective for any Khmer woman has been, and probably always will be, to prevent her husband blowing it all on beer and other extremely persuasive pretty ladies :bow: and I surely would....

Rest assured I have tried to hide a few bucks every now and then but my wife is more thorough than the fucking KGB
Last edited by Mishmash on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:01 pm I'm not sure how the Riel really works, but it's been a while since 4000 was on a par with the dollar. I do use Riel a lot and one thing that makes it difficult is the apparent lack of high-denomination notes. I had a 100,000 note maybe once, 50,000 a few times and 20,000 is becoming more common but in general it's mostly 10,000 or less. My bank gives out Riel in 10,000 notes.
Me neither John.. I like the 10,000 and when my wife gives me a 20,000 I feel rich..

I can't see the purpose of a 15,000 and today I heard everyone complaining that apparently the design includes a Vietnamese temple by mistake..

Could be just rumor, but I don't want to see one in my wallet as for sure it would make my brain hurt.

All in all, my wife just likes gold, as paper money is just that - paper, so she immediately exchanges any spare cash for gold.

Can't blame her
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Mishmash wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 am

I am a traditional guy

Sure - I am the head of my family, but my wife is the center. I remember that everyone in the family sucks or has sucked on her tits - like most normal families.

For me any guy worth his salt hands over everything to his family and enjoys the privilege of being honored for that.

The objective for any Khmer woman has been, and probably always will be, to prevent her husband blowing it all on beer and other extremely persuasive pretty ladies :bow: and I surely would....

Rest assured I have tried to hide a few bucks every now and then but my wife is more thorough than the fucking KGB
Sorry for me that just sounds like being as i say under her thumb.
I make my money. My missus gets what ever she wants when she wants. She can take as much or as little from my wallet whenever. But i control my money.
Yes i like my beer she knows that.and usually accompanies me out for a few beers.i havent ever cheated on her.she makes me happy enough to not feel the urge, plus we are also like best friends. Being the man i like to fell power and wealth not live life to rations given by someone whomever it may be.
But if your happy then so be it. It just sounds ridiculous to me.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Soriya wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:45 am
Mishmash wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 am

I am a traditional guy

Sorry for me that just sounds like being as i say under her thumb.
I make my money. My missus gets what ever she wants when she wants. She can take as much or as little from my wallet whenever. But i control my money.
Yes i like my beer she knows that.and usually accompanies me out for a few beers.i havent ever cheated on her.she makes me happy enough to not feel the urge, plus we are also like best friends. Being the man i like to fell power and wealth not live life to rations given by someone whomever it may be.
But if your happy then so be it. It just sounds ridiculous to me.
No worries.

You have a different way and it's great to hear you and your missus are happy and best friends.

I'm not under any thumb though and not rationed. I am the King and my Minister of Finance is a good one.

It's good to hear your opinion and the fact you have a lovely wife. You are a good man bro :beer3:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

A good Khmer wife has the same goals as her husband. More than likely whatever his big goals are she is doing whatever she can possible to achieve them. Whether or not she puts him on an allowance is irrelevant. Bet she puts herself on an even smaller allowance if that’s true.

Although I just heard a half funny joke the other day.

Khmer wife says to her Khmer husband...

At home, you are my husband,
When you leave the home you can be someone else’s husband.

When you are home, I am your wife.
When you leave the home, I am someone else’s wife.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic