70 years today, the Chinese have been fucking over Tibet

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: 70 years today, the Chinese have been fucking over Tibet

Post by King Keil »

Wasn't tibet a religious dictatorship of the worst kind before the chinese invaded it, like europe in the medieval era. I mean there was no way you could enter it before and living there must have been very hard.
So anything, even McD is an improvement to that.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

King Keil wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 pm Wasn't tibet a religious dictatorship of the worst kind before the chinese invaded it, like europe in the medieval era. I mean there was no way you could enter it before and living there must have been very hard.
So anything, even McD is an improvement to that.
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Johno35 »

:stir:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:31 am Richard, you think we require 7-11's, Taco Bells and whatever else convenience and crap chain western food makes your life easier in Thailand , so please don't play double standards. These places are killing the character on your own doorstep.
When I first came to Thailand I refused to go to 7-11 on ideological grounds and frequented local minimarts....until I purchased the 2nd or 3rd chocolate bar that was white from being on the shelf for 4 years. And the shop had not been cleaned or dusted in five years, had walk over the stock sitting all over the floor completely unorganized while the owners sat playing on their iPhones. Then when paying they didn’t have change for a 100 baht note. So the 7 year old grandkid had to run down the street to make change while I waited ten minutes.

So I finally said fuck moms and pops and only go to 7-11 where they are available.
the irishman
Tourist
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by the irishman »

most mom & pop shops not only have lots of old stock but sell the goods at higher prices because they do not have the buying power that 7/11, fresh marts have. Many up country dont have air con or sell coffee/soups with hot water either.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I never know what to buy in a 711 except for sodawater and I used to buy coke in a glass bottle but haven't seen it in a while.
Rest is disgusting junkfood and snacks with lots of sugar.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

King Keil wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:30 pm I never know what to buy in a 711 except for sodawater and I used to buy coke in a glass bottle but haven't seen it in a while.
From paying my PEA bill to picking up cough syrup 7/11 is open 24 hours, clean well stocked and quality products. I prefer to shop at a mom and pop shop until I buy a coke that the best before date is sometime last year. I don t buy junk food, m150's are 10 baht no matter where you buy them and I don t get a stinky look f I am using 1000 baht note. We have 3 small shops in my village, I make a point of distributing my business evenly when I am in the city ( 16 km away ) I know 7/11 has my brand of cigs and their prices are usually lower than the village shop. It is department stores I avoid like the plague, ridiculous prices and staff that hide behind displays playing on their phone. Homeone is a f cking nightmare, tons of staff and no one knows what to do but stand around the tv display.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:51 pm
King Keil wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:30 pm I never know what to buy in a 711 except for sodawater and I used to buy coke in a glass bottle but haven't seen it in a while.
From paying my PEA bill to picking up cough syrup 7/11 is open 24 hours, clean well stocked and quality products. I prefer to shop at a mom and pop shop until I buy a coke that the best before date is sometime last year. I don t buy junk food, m150's are 10 baht no matter where you buy them and I don t get a stinky look f I am using 1000 baht note. We have 3 small shops in my village, I make a point of distributing my business evenly when I am in the city ( 16 km away ) I know 7/11 has my brand of cigs and their prices are usually lower than the village shop. It is department stores I avoid like the plague, ridiculous prices and staff that hide behind displays playing on their phone. Homeone is a f cking nightmare, tons of staff and no one knows what to do but stand around the tv display.
something wrong with your keyboard?

monstra mihi bona!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

the irishman
Tourist
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by the irishman »

I find 7/11's not only convenient but good value,
pick up some ice cream, chips on the way home, milk, gum, misc stuff and on the road there great places to stop in

and for tourists!!!! they are heaven... cheap beer, cigs, micro wave ham & cheese sandwich's and water

Keep in mind in Thailand, i'd venture that 75% of 7/11's seldom see a white person. Locals love them
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic