Reaction to a locked thread

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Reaction to a locked thread

Post by taabarang »

"I rather like Clutch's response; he has clearly and openly explained the personal dilemma in which he finds himself.

On the other hand I don't play card games where hands are dealt under the table, thus I disagree with "Whatever the decision, I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss for all members to see or better dealt with via PM."

No, if this is "our forum" then I want to see all the cards, winners and losers alike. And as for the poster in question, who claims he never insulted anyone, well read his responses to some of my posts. They are blatantly offensive. Since he is nobody to me I don't care about the insults, only the fact that he lies about their existence.

Addendum. I tried to post this under the original thread but could fit it in due to voluminous responses. It was like standing in line in Cambodia; someone else always barged in the front. My apologies for using a purloined key to finally have my say in a locked thread.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Reaction to a locked thread

Post by CaptainNemo »

This forum is a lot more polite and well managed than TeakDoor.com (which used to be like this, except with more flaming and pub humour); and less hypersensitive and hypocritical and abusive than parts of ThaiVisa.com.
I dunno, like anything, there are aspects that could be better, and some that could be worse, the main thing is that it keeps its numbers up by being amusing and useful.
I'm not like other boys...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

topic32770.html

PS; teak door is fine with their modding.... just not enough activity...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

There are many good people on here - hard working and honest.

It has been cleaned up tremendously recently and prevented from descending into the usual forum trolling.

I see many examples of good modding.

Informative, funny and a splash of the dark side to spice up things.

I never posted for years, just lurked, until I saw it how it changed.

No complaints
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 am topic32770.html

PS; teak door is fine with their modding.... just not enough activity...
That the lack of activity has something to do with their modding... many people just got bored of the deterioration and constant repetitive threadwrecking by a small clique of tedious repetitive obnoxious bellends who think they're intelligent and witty, and not repetitive, and just found better things to do.
The site has no MC, and allows wild bores to run free.
I'm not like other boys...
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

taabarang wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:13 am

No, if this is "our forum" then I want to see all the cards, winners and losers alike. And as for the poster in question, who claims he never insulted anyone, well read his responses to some of my posts. They are blatantly offensive.
Please link me to these 'blatantly offensive' responses to some of your posts and I will either apologise or justify.

Thank you.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Please link me to these 'blatantly offensive' responses to some of your posts and I will either apologise or justify."

Neither your apologies nor justification are of any importance to me. They are clearly visible.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

taabarang wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:13 am "Please link me to these 'blatantly offensive' responses to some of your posts and I will either apologise or justify."

Neither your apologies nor justification are of any importance to me. They are clearly visible.
Please link me to these blatantly offensive responses then.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

No answer. Your silence says a thousand words.

Also this is the 3rd thread to be started about the same topic of posting bullshit.

Seems a little counter productive, yes?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

The Seawolf wrote:I am out of here for a while.

Bye.
Please stand by your word, for once in your life. At long last....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic