Do you typically use your smartphone, tablet or PC? (Poll)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Do you typically browse CEO with your smartphone, tablet or computer?

Smartphone
4%
Tablet
21%
Computer
71%
What's the hell's a tablet?
4%

Total votes: 24
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Do you typically use your smartphone, tablet or PC? (Pol

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Smartphone 80% of the time. Tapatalk makes everything easier. No need to scroll-click every forum to check for new posts. That being said, I check the forum with my computer in the mornings (and evenings). Also, I hate typing long posts on my phone. A computer makes it much easier to post clear, organized posts. I find its a bit hard to distinguish new posts from old ones on CEO though (browser). I think it's because the posts alternate colour (which makes them easier to separate, but makes the "read/unread" icon harder to notice). Just my 2 cents. Also, Tapatalk has some disadvantages: can't see signatures, smileys sometimes look weird (completely different from what they should be) and so on.

OT and I know there's another thread for this, but can we get a clear "Q&A" forum? I haven't seen a section for questions yet (or am I blind and it has a weird name?).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

LTO wrote:Split about 60-40 between tablet and desktop. On the tablet there sure isn't much content above the fold.

Uh, how about that other tab...
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

It seems like most have Android devices. I'm an Apple convert from a PC and haven't looked back, but I'm curious what the obsession with Android is. It seems so cumbersome. I spend most time on my 5s, but evenings on my ipad.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

[qu ote="Jacobincambodia"]It seems like most have Android devices. I'm an Apple convert from a PC and haven't looked back, but I'm curious what the obsession with Android is. It seems so cumbersome. I spend most time on my 5s, but evenings on my ipad.[/quote]

I've just recently changed from Android to Apple and I have to say Apply is a lot more simpler to use. You don't get the customization aspect you get with Android but to be honest I never did much anyway.

All in all, after years of saying I would never use an iPhone I will eat my hat and say I'm quite liking what Apple has to offer.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacobincambodia wrote:It seems like most have Android devices. I'm an Apple convert from a PC and haven't looked back, but I'm curious what the obsession with Android is. It seems so cumbersome. I spend most time on my 5s, but evenings on my ipad.
Hazarding a guess here Jacob (and you know me enough to know I'm not trolling), are you perchance a teacher?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Jacobincambodia wrote:
LTO wrote:Split about 60-40 between tablet and desktop. On the tablet there sure isn't much content above the fold.

Another forum (non Cambodia) where I use a different handle. I prefer not to mix the two.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

LTO wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:

Another forum (non Cambodia) where I use a different handle. I prefer not to mix the two.
I know, sorry, just giving you a hard time since there is so much love for the other one.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:It seems like most have Android devices. I'm an Apple convert from a PC and haven't looked back, but I'm curious what the obsession with Android is. It seems so cumbersome. I spend most time on my 5s, but evenings on my ipad.
Hazarding a guess here Jacob (and you know me enough to know I'm not trolling), are you perchance a teacher?
Nope, not a teacher. My wife and I moved here nearly 5yrs ago to volunteer in (hopefully) helpful ways. We absolutely love it. I do a variety of things including some web stuff, photography (http://www.strictlycambodian.com), mentoring, etc. Right now, though, I'm focusing on learning the language. I never took the time to sit down and actually learn it so that's what I'm primarily focusing on now.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacobincambodia wrote:Nope, not a teacher. My wife and I moved here nearly 5yrs ago to volunteer in (hopefully) helpful ways.
Seriously, love to share a coffee and compare notes at some point, how about a couples date?

My query about being a teacher is based in Apple's early marketing history in which they focused almost exclusively in academic and artistic sectors and their hook was pretty much, "Only smart, educated people understand that our product is superior and therefore worth three times the price. You're obviously educated, so you get that, right?" It worked well.

In my view their entertainment products and media editing tools ARE superior, but not worth the price margin. They no longer make a better business machine or phone. Just my point of view, others will have legitimately different perspectives.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

I second that, it would be great to meet you and your wife to hear about your experience.
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic