Canadian Man Commits "Suicide" by Hanging (suspicious)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Canadian Man Commits "Suicide" by Hanging (suspicious)

Post by General Mackevili »

58 year old Canadian citizen Brian Kaoru Ito found dead in Cambodia (date of birth: November 11, 1955). Ruled a suicide.

RIP

Maybe it's just me, but these foreigners committing "suicide" with this method strange places are starting to all sound a bit fishy.

They all seem to be done in a very strange, but similar, way.

I know it is possible to kill yourself this way, but it doesn't seem to happen this way outside Cambodia as often.

I just hope the embassies of foreigners are doing some sort of investigation when the Cambodian police rule these deaths a "suicide."

Maybe I'm just too suspicious about everything, but to me this method here amongst foreigners seems odd.

The article said he is most likely Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese.

NSFW!
Spoiler:

Google Translate:

A foreign man hanged suicide trees at 7 and 30 am on 12 October 2014 in a plot of land where other Krang Don Chao.

However, the victim's identity is not yet known whether the Vietnamese or Chinese.

http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... 02-13.html
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Another Foreigner Commits Suicide by Hanging

Post by frank lee bent »

Glad it was not koh rong
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Another day.. another dead dude I don't know.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

What do you do when there are no condos to jump out of ( alllegedly ). When a normal guy gets mown down by a local in a Range Rover and the no accountability/cover up bureaucracy takes over, is it any wonder nobody gives a shit about marginal cases. In my short time following Cambo crime cases and particularly the case of the oldish woman on koh rong, I'm as sceptical as you Gen Mach.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Glad it's not just me.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

why hanging himself with a baseball hat on ?

and his nose is not chinese or vietnamese.

obviously a murder.
UKJ
Expatriate

Re: Another Foreigner Commits "Suicide" by Hanging

Post by UKJ »

Looks a very thin tree. The rope is probably on a twig. Looks like he was laid down, then lifted to put his neck in the noose.

I always thought you had to at least jump from chair height, but people seem to manage it on the backs of doors.
RIP
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

UKJ wrote:I always thought you had to at least jump from chair height, but people seem to manage it on the backs of doors. RIP
There are two ends to this. Enough of a drop and you break you neck, quick death. Less drop and it becomes slow strangulation. Deaths by autoerotic asphyxiation are typically the latter.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

theres plenty of info on the web about hanging

unless a break or fracture occurs then the main arteries from the brain that drain start to block and then you'll get various ademas that kill you not asphyxiation

as SC says many kinky folk (Michael Hutchens) are into that erotic shit that goes too far and they are often just hanging in the wardrobe!

I think once youve decided to end it all you not thinking how dodgy it might look to barang on an Internet forum.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
as SC says many kinky folk (Michael Hutchens) are into that erotic shit that goes too far and they are often just hanging in the wardrobe!
Hutchence committed suicide. There was a documentary about it. Michael Hutchence autopsy or something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic