Best MRI scan Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AdamS
Expatriate
Great Britain

Best MRI scan Phnom Penh

Post by AdamS »

Was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with MRI's in Cambodia. More specifically, any positive experience, and if so, where. All advice welcome. Thank you. :tophat:
'One child grows up to be, somebody who just loves to learn and another child grows up to be, somebody you just love to burn. Mum loves the both of them, you see it's in the blood.' :boxing:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Best MRI scan Phnom Penh

Post by Username Taken »

jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Royal Phnom Penh Hospital
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

When living in Siem Reap I went to Ubon in Thailand for an MRI (head). It seemed very professional and cost around USD650. Got results the same day including DVD. In Bangkok its around USD1000. Easy to go by taxi from Phnom Penh to Ubon. Surin is a very popular destination for medical stuff in Siem Reap. Taxis can bring you there and back in a day.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I had an MRI scan for a torn knee meniscus at Royal Phnom Penh- no trouble at all with the MRI scan experience & diagnosis, but the prognosis was given by a doctor who was clearly clueless.

Two options given were to have surgery to remove the meniscus tissue & be in some pain for 6 months; or to leave the tissue and be in some pain for 6 months... “You have surgery!” he barked...

I opted to leave it alone as per Google expert advice based on the diagnosis and bingo, knee is good to go.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Sunrise Japanese Hospital.

Clean, quick, cheap & a good professional consultation.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

samrong01 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:32 am When living in Siem Reap I went to Ubon in Thailand for an MRI (head). It seemed very professional and cost around USD650. Got results the same day including DVD. In Bangkok its around USD1000. Easy to go by taxi from Phnom Penh to Ubon. Surin is a very popular destination for medical stuff in Siem Reap. Taxis can bring you there and back in a day.
I had an MRI in the Bangkok Hospital in June 2018 and including the Neurologists' fee it was about 600 USD.
anna.ceglia
Tourist

Post by anna.ceglia »

samrong01 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:32 am When living in Siem Reap I went to Ubon in Thailand for an MRI (head). It seemed very professional and cost around USD650. Got results the same day including DVD. In Bangkok its around USD1000. Easy to go by taxi from Phnom Penh to Ubon. Surin is a very popular destination for medical stuff in Siem Reap. Taxis can bring you there and back in a day.
Hey sorry I didn't understand which hospital did you go by taxi from Siem reap to get a MRI?
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

anna.ceglia wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:49 pm
Hey sorry I didn't understand which hospital did you go by taxi from Siem reap to get a MRI?
Sorry it was a bit more complicated. For my MRI I took taxi from Siem Reap to O'Smach, bus to Surin and train to Ubon. But on another occasion I got a taxi for all day for $100 who drove me to Surin Hospital from Siem Reap then back again on the same day. On that occasion I did not get MRI but it was available and possibly cheaper than Ubon. Its possible to join a group of Khmers travelling to Surin Hospital to reduce the cost. This is very regular - at least once a week. In Surin Hospital the staff all speak Khmer and some English. There is a particular cafe I went to arrange it - its behind the Tela service station on Highway 6 towards the airport (1st one after Sokha). Sorry dont know how to describe better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic