CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Playing Golf in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vattanac opens Faldo golf course
By TTR WEEKLY -
September 12, 2019

PHNOM PENH, 12 September 2019: Vattanac Golf Resort is the second Cambodian course to join the Faldo Design portfolio, following the opening of its East Course.

The golf course covering 7,500 yards takes inspiration from the Bayon temple at Siem Reap, as well as actual on-course replicas of other pre-Angkor structures, including the Preah Vihear and Angkor Wat.

Located 20 kilometres from the centre of Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital, this is the first of two championship-standard 18-hole golf courses that make up the core of the with the West Course set to be completed later this year.

The other Faldo designed course is located in Siem Reap. The Angkor Golf Resort in Siem Reap is recognised for having one of the best clubhouses in Cambodia.
https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2019/09/ ... lf-course/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Playing Golf in Cambodia

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

How do we respond generously to this exciting KOW announcement?
Ummmmm....

(i'll get back to you when i think of something nice to say)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

July 1, 2020
World’s largest club mgt firm tapped to manage golf course in Cambodia
Troon, the world’s largest professional club management company, has been tapped to manage one of Cambodia’s leading golf courses.

A recent report in Golf Course Industry magazine said Troon International, the global arm of the United States (US)-based company has been selected to oversee golf and club operations, club membership, marketing, F&B operations and golf course agronomy at the Vattanac Golf Resort.

Located 45 minutes away from Phnom Penh city centre, Vattanac Golf Resort is notable for hosting an 18-hole golf course (East Course) designed by British golfing legend Nick Faldo. The East Course is part of an integrated resort development which will later include another 18-hole golf course (West Course).

Vattanac Golf Resort opened in May last year. In just a short time, it was able to earn a place among the best golfing destinations in the Kingdom. Vattanac Golf Resort is among the five Cambodian nominees in the World Golf Awards 2020.

“We’re excited to usher in phase two of the development project for Vattanac Golf Resort in addition to Troon managing the Club on a full-time basis,” Sam Ang Vattanac, the owner of the resort, was quoted as saying in the report.

“The addition of these two world-class courses helps us in delivering our vision of positioning Cambodia as a true golf destination,” he added.

Cambodia has long shed off its former reputation as a conflict-torn country and has become one of Southeast Asia’s leading tourist destinations.

Foreign golfers have been flocking*, not only to see Angkor Wat and other tourist destinations, but also to play a round or two of golf in several world-class golf courses in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. In addition to Vattanac Golf Resort, the other high-end courses in Cambodia include the Angkor Golf Resort, Cambodia Golf & Country Club, Garden City Golf Club and Phokeethra Country Club.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50740049/w ... -cambodia/
*Foreign golfers have been flocking*, not only to see Angkor Wat and other tourist destinations...
says the Khmer Times, although the Cambodian borders have been closed to tourists for some time now, and tourist visas are still not being issued by Cambodian embassy and immigration authorities.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

"Flocking foreign golfers"

Hmm... i won't disagree
Personally i prefer 50 flocking farm families working thier 50 flocking hectres of prime flocking rice paddy land.
(from which they undoubtably got unceremoniously flocking disposessed from)

but thats just me - and probably 50 flocking farming families
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:47 pm "Flocking foreign golfers"

Hmm... i won't disagree
Personally i prefer 50 flocking farm families working thier 50 flocking hectres of prime flocking rice paddy land.
(from which they undoubtably got unceremoniously flocking disposessed from)

but thats just me - and probably 50 flocking farming families
I’ll take the golf, Stern :hattip: :oops:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

No worries, Yerganaut
I'm just trying to get somebody upset.
Not becuse i am nasty or anything like that
just bored
:mrgreen:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:12 pm No worries, Yerganaut
I'm just trying to get somebody upset.
Not becuse i am nasty or anything like that
just bored
:mrgreen:
I remember my first round in Cambodia. It was at Garden City. I was enthralled by the little mongoose family by a little lake on the course. I’d never seen a mongoose before and they were so playful and sweet. A little mongoose family. I cracked on and a couple of holes later it dawned on me. One of the only predators of cobra!!! I’ll admit to being significantly more studious in the rough from that point forward. :lol:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

INAUGURAL SENIOR GOLF TOURNAMENT TO TEE OFF IN SIEM REAP
A new senior golf tournament, dubbed the ‘Cambodia Inaugural Seniors Open’, will be held on November 21- 22 at the Angkor Golf Resort.
Angkor Golf Resort general manager David Baron said, “The Cambodian Seniors Open will be the first of its kind in Cambodia and we look forward to crowning a new national golf champion.
“As with most sports, both professional and amateur, there is often a senior circuit, tour or category. We certainly see this in golf at most golf clubs and we can see the senior Pro’s playing each week on the PGA Champions Tour.”
The competition will have two divisions – 50-59 years old, and 60 plus. Both divisions will have gross and net prizes, and an overall title will be given to the player with the lowest 36-hole gross score, regardless of age.
The tournament is open to Cambodian nationals and residents only, and the entry fee is $180 per participant.
- Siem Reap News

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

⛳️calling all golfers old and new⛳️
Join us for our new Monthly Socials and let’s get back to golf as it should! We need your support to make this special! Lots of fun, prizes and great local partners to make it extra special. Sign up now:
[email protected] / +855 (0) 63 218 288

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian golfer represents big dreams of competitors in the Asia-Pacific Amateur
By John Huggan
November 01, 2021
Photo Graham Uden
DUBAI, UAE—It isn’t always about finishing first. Sometimes, victory is achieved just by being there, taking part. Even more so if you are beating an unprecedented path for a nation where the first course was built as recently as 1996. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Vanseiha Seng of Cambodia, a man with a unique place in the history of the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship.

When the 12th playing of this massive continent’s most important amateur event tees off on the Dubai Creek course in the United Arab Emirates this week, Seng—who has a small Koi fish business in his home city of Phnom Penh—will be the only player in the 93-man field drawn from 30 countries who can say he has competed in all 12. Not with any great distinction, it must be admitted. Seng’s best score is a three-over par 73 at the Sentosa Golf Club in Singapore three years ago. And he has yet to make a halfway cut in any of the starts that have so far taken him to China on three occasions, Singapore (twice), Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea.

But that is to miss the point. What is failure for some is success for others.

“I want to make it clear that the journey so far has not been a disappointment,” says Seng, 28, who became a father for the first time only a month ago.

So Seng’s importance to the game he learned from his army general father at the Royal Cambodia Golf Club goes far beyond mere birdies and bogeys. When Seng was part of the inaugural AAC in 2009 at Mission Hills in China, his home country boasted only two courses. Now there are 10. While it might be a bit of a stretch to give him 100 percent credit for that 500-percent increase, it is also undeniable that Seng’s presence in such a high-caliber event can only have had a positive effect on the game’s admittedly low public-profile in Cambodia.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/asia-p ... ampionship

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic