Will my Filipina gf be able to find a non teaching job

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
angie.stepney
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Will my Filipina gf be able to find a non teaching job

Post by angie.stepney »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:45 pm Does she know how to play cards?
Alas, she doesn't
angie.stepney
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by angie.stepney »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:13 pm There are many Filipinos who work a multitude of jobs here. It might take her some time to find a job, especially with no degree or specific skill set. It would be a good idea to get in touch with the Filipino community once she lands. Once she gets her bearings and meets a few people, it should be easy to find some type of work.
This is really great to read and taking some of my stress away. Thanks for the reply. 🙂
angie.stepney
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by angie.stepney »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:14 pm There’s loads of Filipina’s working here in PP in non teaching positions, hotels, bars, restaurants, factories etc....

I meet many on my travels here around town.

There’s a Filipina working in Sun Dance as a waitress at the moment.

My friend brought his filipina gf here and she had zero working experience except for the bars in the PI, she was working within about 3 weeks in a small hotel undertaking all types of different roles.

Don’t fret.
Great, this is sounding promising now. One of the reasons why we are leaving Thailand (among many) is there aren't many opportunities here for her. I am already getting more excited for this move now.
Thanks so much for the reply 🙂
angie.stepney
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by angie.stepney »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:19 pm There is a Filipino expat group for Cambodia on FB
Great, thanks for the info. I will tell her to join. 🙂
angie.stepney
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by angie.stepney »

joelightcloud wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:19 pm
Nobby Stiles wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:14 pm There’s a Filipina working in Sun Dance as a waitress at the moment.
There is one working in Aussie XL also.

It won't be difficult for her to find a job, you should go to the Filipino Bar "Memates" and chat with them once you are here.
Nice! Very helpful... Thanks 🙂
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... _Penh.html

Pallet beer and wine serves Lechon on the 1st of each month. Owned and operated by Philippinos.

You are bound to make some connections in there and the lechon is good too.

Good luck
angie.stepney
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by angie.stepney »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:16 pm https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... _Penh.html

Pallet beer and wine serves Lechon on the 1st of each month. Owned and operated by Philippinos.

You are bound to make some connections in there and the lechon is good too.

Good luck
Thanks!
Ooh...and I love Lechon Kawali, hopefully they have that too, will definitely check it out 🙂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic