Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

Post by frank lee bent »

Sometimes they do if they think they won't get caught.

Happened one time to me and Mom in Take knew in 3 days.

Jungle telegraph.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Dating Websites

Post by Queef »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Queef wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:33 pm A lot of younger guys don't want to settle in Cambodia because it's boring. Met a lot of guys in their late 20s/ early 30s through my job and they always say the same thing: Career wise, Cambodia is awesome. As far as entertainment and social life are concerned, Cambodia sucks major monkey balls. After two/ three years, they either move to Thailand/ Singapore or head back to the west.

Younger guys don't want a glorified maid. They want an actual partner. Bringing an uneducated/ unqualified Cambodian woman back home doesn't make any sense on the long haul. I know. Things are changing and an increasing number of Cambodian women are educated. If you compare a UCLA graduate to a PUC graduate though, you'll quickly realize that education in Cambodia is still way behind.

There's also the idea (among the younger crowd) that if you settle for a Cambodian woman, you must be one big fat loser.
I find your post insulting to the numerous guys here who have Khmer partners.
If you don't like it here, then maybe you should just fcuk off. In fact, I will give you 24 hours off to ponder whether you are capable of posting without trolling those of us who actually enjoy living here.

If you don't like it here, then you should move on. The airport isn't too far away.

As for the "guys in their late 20s/ early 30s" who can't find "entertainment and social life" here, they obviously aren't looking hard enough if their solution is to "move to Thailand/Singapore or head back west".

Adios :hattip:
Well. I happen to be in my early 30s and have had the same KHMER girlfriend for a little over one and a half years. As I said in a post a while back, I would love to take her home, but what is she gonna do back home? “Hello, welcome to Costco. I love you.”? Wait tables? Nah I can’t do that to the girl. She makes more money that most NATIVE English teachers in PP as of now. It’d be like bringing a Thai woman to Cambodia. I just can’t do that to her. And no, I won't support her. My hard earned money is mine. She wants money, she's gotta get it herself. I'll help out a bit, but don't count on me to work my ass off while she's home binge watching Ozark.

Now, is she dumber than the average western girl? It’s a different kind of intelligence. I’ll just put it this way. I stayed with her (or should I say she stayed with me…) because she’s always down to try/ learn something new. Whether we’re talking about C-elegans, the impact of troops from various colonies during the two world wars, or the lineup at the next festival, she’s always trying. She made a southwestern burger a few weeks ago that would put any burgers sold at the best burger joint in PP (Lone Pine Café) to shame. She’s trying. She always comes through at critical moments. She’s not an entitled c**t ready to throw that feminazi shit in my face for no apparent reason.

I didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. The fact is, things are the way they are, whether you like it or not, UT. I know where the airport is. I use it quite frequently. As far as fucking off is concerned, if things go according to plan, I should be outta here by Q4 2020. Good riddance. I know.

Why did I say that the younger foreign crowd tends to look down on foreign men in their late 20s/ early 30s shacking up with khmer women? I’ve experienced it. The Toul Tum Pong crowd always assumes that my lady is a rice farmer that can’t put two English words together. Little do they know… They did hurt her feelings though (on several occasions), and for that reason, I’d rather steer clear from that part of town (and from under-qualified, pompous, SJW, avocado toast eating, STD sharing English teachers).

There isn’t jack shit to do in PP, and you can’t change my mind. Drinking beer and keeping a bar stool at a solid 95° isn’t an activity. Neither is whore mongering. Oh, and no. Wearing a white-collar shirt and parading around town like I’m hot shit isn’t really that exciting. This is PP. Not LA or London. Skydiving, white river rafting, sport fishing, surfing, hunting, camping in the wild, going to a museum, attending a show, those are activities. For those of you that claimed that Cambodia sucks career-wise, well, I can relate to that statement if you’re an English teacher. For those of us working in finance, construction, engineering, advertising, international development, or PR (pretty much anything that has nothing to do with teaching English), it’s awesome. Western paycheck (and we’re not talking minimum wage) in a third world country… That bank account of mine got chubby in no time.

The vast majority of young professionals don’t last long in Cambodia. If they kick ass here, they will for sure get job offers from Vietnam, Thailand, China, Singapore, or even North America and Europe. Two/ three years in filthy, stinky, boring ass PP is enough to convince someone to move to some shit hole in a more developed country. Believe it or not.

UT, if you take any comment that doesn’t please you as an attack, how can you have an intelligent conversation with anyone? I’m not taking shots at you. I’m asking you a legit question. I mean, it’s none of my business really, but on the day to day basis, do you react the same way if someone tells you something that hits too close to home? Anyways. I don’t really care tbh. No hard feelings. Carry on.
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

Queef wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:33 pm A lot of younger guys don't want to settle in Cambodia because it's boring. Met a lot of guys in their late 20s/ early 30s through my job and they always say the same thing: Career wise, Cambodia is awesome. As far as entertainment and social life are concerned, Cambodia sucks major monkey balls. After two/ three years, they either move to Thailand/ Singapore or head back to the west.

Younger guys don't want a glorified maid. They want an actual partner. Bringing an uneducated/ unqualified Cambodian woman back home doesn't make any sense on the long haul. I know. Things are changing and an increasing number of Cambodian women are educated. If you compare a UCLA graduate to a PUC graduate though, you'll quickly realize that education in Cambodia is still way behind.

There's also the idea (among the younger crowd) that if you settle for a Cambodian woman, you must be one big fat loser.
If you don't like it here, then maybe you should just fcuk off. In fact, I will give you 24 hours off to ponder whether you are capable of posting without trolling those of us who actually enjoy living here.

If you don't like it here, then you should move on. The airport isn't too far away.

As for the "guys in their late 20s/ early 30s" who can't find "entertainment and social life" here, they obviously aren't looking hard enough if their solution is to "move to Thailand/Singapore or head back west".

Are only insulted the ones who do not see and accept the truth !
Insulting what ? do you think that khmer wives are nobel prizes ? Did they even go to school after 10 years old ?
For sure Kow and a big part of Thailand have no interest for any guy who want a smart partner to make a life with, you like it or not, this is the truth.
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:33 pm Tinder is working great for me but I’m not looking for a long-term monogamous relationship.

Same here, but do you tell them ? I don't, as it seems that they don't like to know the truth :-)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Queef wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 pm
UT, if you take any comment that doesn’t please you as an attack,
Where did I call your post/comments an attack?

Carry on.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

jrjrjr wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Are only insulted the ones who do not see and accept the truth !
Insulting what ? do you think that khmer wives are nobel prizes ? Did they even go to school after 10 years old ?
For sure Kow and a big part of Thailand have no interest for any guy who want a smart partner to make a life with, you like it or not, this is the truth.
Not quite sure what your post is supposed to be saying, but if you go back to the previous page you'll see that my post that you quoted has 9 thumbs up. Seems like a lot of people agreed with me.

Are you Queef's sock puppet?
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:06 pm
Queef wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 pm
UT, if you take any comment that doesn’t please you as an attack,
Where did I call your post/comments an attack?

Carry on.
Alright bruuhh... Aint got time for this. Like I said, no hard feelings. :thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It all reads like someone very insecure didn't do their homework before moving here and is now seeking validation from strangers on an internet forum.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

I thought this thread was going to end up with more pictures like this

I think queef makes some valid points, but also seems to rub some people up the wrong way.

I never thought of Cambodia as a place to do business, but I still have memories of it from 20 years ago.

I can understand how men might be happy with the ladies physically; dunno about anything else. My Thai mrs has Mon-Khmer ethnic stuff, and is not very SEAsian, and got that way from complete immersion in the west for a long time from a young-ish age. I'm sure if you took a Cambodian babe over to wherever in her 20s, she'd adapt, as many Thais and Khmerish-Thais do.

Did the OP get an answer?
I'm not like other boys...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic