Fuckin' Euro

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Fuckin' Euro

Post by frank lee bent »

Thinking of buying some 10 oz silver bars soon if the price stays down. I use it in jewellery manufacture anyway, so cant go wrong really at this price.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Don't worry, lads. The US dollar does strengthen like this occasionally, but the long term trend is down, down down. As soon as confidence in world GDP growth starts to build, the dollar will continue it's long, painful slide into weakness.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Sheeit ... I need the Ozzie to rebound fast, the 20% drop in value is killing me :shock:
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

kgbagent wrote:Sheeit ... I need the Ozzie to rebound fast, the 20% drop in value is killing me :shock:
I thought you were Russian?
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Digg3r wrote:
kgbagent wrote:Sheeit ... I need the Ozzie to rebound fast, the 20% drop in value is killing me :shock:
I thought you were Russian?
Agents need many passports and currencies ---- don't you watch the Bond or Bourne movies ??? :assasin:
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Soi Dog wrote:Don't worry, lads. The US dollar does strengthen like this occasionally, but the long term trend is down, down down.
From your lips to God's ears. I seriously hope that you are right. Rising prices, rising taxes, falling Euro........pain in the ass.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah I'm surprised the US greenback is so high. I agree that it won't last. Lower Euro isn't all bad though. If Germany's exports are down, it'll help them go back up. And as others have said, a lower Aussie is more natural. Countries which have large raw materials exports usually have/want a low currency, so countries like Australia and Canada have historically had their currencies a bit under the USD.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

never mind the euro the pound has sucked as well

it was $1.72 a few months ago now $1.60 :assasin:
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman