New Section Suggestions?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 5954
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Karma: 299
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by phuketrichard » Fri May 23, 2014 4:29 pm

for awhile i had the ( stop being a cunt) avatar on k440 ( a few years ago) and they asked me to take it down.
i agreed,
but the bouncing tits and asses, I say Yea, go for it.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am
Karma: 0
Great Britain

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by EdinWigan » Fri May 23, 2014 4:39 pm

phuketrichard wrote:for awhile i had the ( stop being a cunt) avatar on k440 ( a few years ago) and they asked me to take it down.
i agreed,
but the bouncing tits and asses, I say Yea, go for it.
Yes, it is not appropriate in some viewing environments but it is a shame to deprive all viewers
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6072
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Karma: 176
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by vladimir » Sat May 24, 2014 4:38 pm

I eagerly await the first CEO holographic pole-dancer awards (for posters who get 100 karma points)

(3D glasses included)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Karma: 4

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by Soi Dog » Sat May 24, 2014 6:44 pm

vladimir wrote:I eagerly await the first CEO holographic pole-dancer awards (for posters who get 100 karma points)
Anyone can set up some sock puppets and give their own usernames many karma points, while also taking away karma point of others? Karma inflation.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8759
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 188
Australia

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by StroppyChops » Sat May 24, 2014 7:35 pm

^ karma-kameleons
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 5954
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Karma: 299
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by phuketrichard » Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Soi Dog wrote:
vladimir wrote:I eagerly await the first CEO holographic pole-dancer awards (for posters who get 100 karma points)
Anyone can set up some sock puppets and give their own usernames many karma points, while also taking away karma point of others? Karma inflation.
Agree
and would rather have a like /dislike button for the specific statement a user makes rather than giving karma points to the poster :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Karma: 71

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Sun May 25, 2014 8:34 am

Could the "Questions about the move" section be expanded to a "Questions about the move: and any other questions"
We don't currently have a General Q&A section, so there's no proper place for someone to ask "where can I buy X", or "what's the cheapest place I can get Y". Barnyard caters to some questions, Cambodian culture to others (language/culture) and Questions about the move is good for newbies, but there is no section to ask, well, general questions. And we know there are a lot of those? Where should they be posted? In the General Chatter? Motorcycle talk, buying mops talk etc... Where does it all go?

I'm actually against making too many sections as then most of them end up dormant, but I do think we need something regarding more general questions.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
User avatar
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Posts: 628
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm
Karma: 18
Location: Ba Ria-Vung Tau, VN
Vietnam

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by ExPenhMan » Sun May 25, 2014 12:14 pm

This is not a section idea so much. I am wondering whether contributor Porky Pig came over. I valued his/her news story translations that gave the news section a big boost.
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Karma: 4

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by Soi Dog » Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 pm

ExPenhMan wrote:This is not a section idea so much. I am wondering whether contributor Porky Pig came over. I valued his/her news story translations that gave the news section a big boost.
Yeah this site needs a reliable news translator, and someone who has the time to post local news stories.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 7176
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 311
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by Username Taken » Sun May 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Soi Dog wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:This is not a section idea so much. I am wondering whether contributor Porky Pig came over. I valued his/her news story translations that gave the news section a big boost.
Yeah this site needs a reliable news translator, and someone who has the time to post local news stories.
I believe StroppyChops is working on it. Might take a few months though.

:beer:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post