Chinese Man in Underwear Falls From Hotel in Strange Circumstances

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Man in Underwear Falls From Hotel in Strange Circumstances

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): At 6:00 pm, on September 27, 2019, a male Chinese national fell from the Thai Silong Hotel, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh. He landed on top of a car and shattered the windscreen before falling to the ground unconscious.
The victim, who was identified as 22-year-old CHEN ZUNXING, works at the hotel. He was wearing only a pair of underwear when he fell, and the circumstances surrounding the incident remain obscure. It is still unclear if the victim fell by accident, jumped voluntarily, or was pushed or thrown from the hotel window.
Spoiler:
The man was seriously injured in the fall, and was taken to hospital for medical treatment, but fortunately, it seems that he will make a full recovery.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Chinese Man in Underwear Falls From Hotel in Strange Circumstances

Post by crob »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:54 pm The victim, who was identified as 22-year-old CHEN ZUNXING, works at the hotel. He was wearing only a pair of underwear when he fell, and the circumstances surrounding the incident remain obscure. It is still unclear if the victim fell by accident, jumped voluntarily, or was pushed or thrown from the hotel window.
the more important question is why was he, an employee of the hotel, only in his bloody underwear....
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

crob wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:58 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:54 pm The victim, who was identified as 22-year-old CHEN ZUNXING, works at the hotel. He was wearing only a pair of underwear when he fell, and the circumstances surrounding the incident remain obscure. It is still unclear if the victim fell by accident, jumped voluntarily, or was pushed or thrown from the hotel window.
the more important question is why was he, an employee of the hotel, only in his bloody underwear....
Agree. The underwear is a big clue. For example, it rules out the possibility that the man slipped and fell while cleaning the windows.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Ouch!

Did they say what floor he fell from?

Perhaps he was hanging out, or retrieving, laundry.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

And what is the meaning of the cash dollars being offered by the police in the photo??

To buy a fresh pair of underwear??

His parting salary??

Either way he is lucky to survive..... until the car owner comes for his new windshield
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Easy to fall out off a balcony by accident. Last weekend, I was putting up a radio antenna wire for my ham radio. Standing on the balcony to tie the end of the wire round a post. I leaned out a little and the mat on which I was standing suddenly slipped backwards, almost sending me flying over the balcony.

Granted, it was only the second floor, but I reckon many of these 'he jumped, he was pushed' claims are bollox. A little bit of alcohol, lean over a bit too far and you're a goner.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Mishmash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:57 pm And what is the meaning of the cash dollars being offered by the police in the photo??

His parting salary??

Either way he is lucky to survive..... until the car owner comes for his new windshield
Those were found in his underwear when he was unconscious of course.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:59 pm
Mishmash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:57 pm And what is the meaning of the cash dollars being offered by the police in the photo??

His parting salary??

oh dude - i can't unsee that......
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Mishmash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:23 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:59 pm

His parting salary??

oh dude - i can't unsee that......
I just gave you easiest explanation. They could have found it in much worse places. :stir:

Now, stop your imagination for your own sake.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Perhaps after being cheated at a $3 massage he decided his jockeys were the safest place to keep his cash. Pretty shrewd, no need to photocopy the serial numbers, just sniff around, he will find his cash.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic