How embarrassing ignorance can be.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

How embarrassing ignorance can be.

Post by taabarang »

Especially when it comes from the mouth of a clown who leads a country. How could American education have failed so many voters?

https://breakinginasia.com/trump-vows-c ... n-the-u-s/
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: How embarrassing ignorance can be.

Post by hanno »

Ahem, you do realize this is a satire site?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

He's a pretty funny satirical writer this Breaking Asia guy, isn't he? I've had some great laughs at his fake news stories, especially those directed at Trump.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Ahem, you do realize this is a satire site?"

No, I didn't; it's so reminiscent of the dullard wall builder who is so gifted at alienating allies. I still feel American education needs careful examination and possibly it's citizens should get a group rate for therapy.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

taabarang wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:57 pm
hanno wrote:
taabarang wrote: How embarrassing ignorance can be.
"Ahem, you do realize this is a satire site?"
No, I didn't
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

In my defense I will simply say that it is difficult to distinguish between satire and Trump's press conferences and tweets.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

In all fairness to taabarang it is hard to tell what is satire and what is real with the elected POTUS.
examples

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Man shot inside Paris police station. Just announced that terror threat is at highest level. Germany is a total mess-big crime. GET SMART!

8:24 PM - Jan 7, 2016

Paris is in France.

Speaking before African leaders at the United Nations in September 2017, Trump twice referred to the made up country of “Nambia.”
People wondered whether he meant to say Namibia, Zambia, or Gambia. “Nambia” is not a country.

In an interview with Fox Business Network, Trump retold the story of how he shared the news that night with Chinese President Xi Jinping, while the two were eating dessert.

“We had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen, and President Xi was enjoying it,” he said. “So what happens is I said, ‘We’ve just launched 59 missiles…heading to Iraq.'”

Well, heading to Syria,” Fox Business Network editor Maria Bartiromo said, correcting him.

“Yes, heading toward Syria,” Trump said, after a brief pause.

“Belgium is a beautiful city,” he boldly declared in June 2016. Just a few months earlier, he had called Brussels a “hellhole.”

Belgium is a country of about 11 million in western Europe. Brussels is the capital of Belgium.

"I have great respect for the U.K. United Kingdom. Great respect. People call it Britain. They call it Great Britain. They used to call it England, different parts."

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Thank you for providing crucial evidence AW.
I rest my case.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Here's another great article from the same satire news site.

Trump Throws In With #MeToo, Says He Was Sexually Abased on ’09 Asia Trip

WASHINGTON – U.S. President Donald Trump admitted in wide-ranging talks with Asian news media this week that he was “almost constantly sexually abased” during a trip to Asia in 2009 with political trickster Roger Stone, his son Donnie, his other son Donnie and shock jock Howard Stern, seemingly joining forces with an advocacy group that he had previously derided as “fake news.”

In making the claim, Trump acknowledged that he had long been at odds with the #MeToo movement due to what he said were “light-hearted” attempts to find extra sexual partners outside the confines of his sacrosanct union with his wife, Melania. Those attempts led to at least a dozen sexual assault allegations against Trump during his presidential campaign, all of which he denied.

Trump said he could now empathize with the movement after his experiences in Asia.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Trump said of his five-country vacation through Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, and Hong Kong. “I felt embattled and always on guard there. And then it happened — Boom! Boom! Boom! First me, then Howard, then Roger, then the two Donnies.”

“Now, I’m not saying it whether it was women or men doing this — it could have been both. Maybe we’ll never know,” Trump said.

“And it just continued, wherever we went,” the president said. “It’s not like we could do anything about it, could we?” he implored. “I mean, we’re visitors there, right? You say something there, you get smacked, is what I hear. So we just sort of played along … I’m not saying we knew what we were getting ourselves into the 27 or so times it happened, but it did happen. Let’s just say that. I can’t say I’m proud of it. Can’t say anything, really. It just happened.”

“There was so much … so much,” Trump said of the abase. “I guess I should have said something, but I — we — really did feel like it was out of our control.”

“Donnie…” the president continued, choking up when bringing up the names of his precious first- and third-born. “Donnie was almost certainly sexually abased during that trip, too, and not just in one country. He was abased in Indonesia — especially Bali; he was severely abased in Thailand as far as I know, and he was totally abased in Singapore,” the president said.

When asked for specific details of the incidents, Trump said “As many, many people have told me — and everyone knows this; Chuck Schumer knows this, Nancy Pelosi knows this, the media knows it, everybody knows it but probably won’t say anything about it because it’s all rigged … all rigged. And I’ll tell you something else: When we got down there — and I mean Asia, you know, not ‘down there,’ because that would be another thing and I can’t talk about that now but it will all be coming out very, very soon and then we’ll make a decision on it.”

“So stay tuned, folks … Who knows?” the president added, before meandering off through the Rose Garden for his mid-afternoon hamburger/nap.
https://breakinginasia.com/trump-throws ... asia-trip/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

taabarang wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:41 pm Especially when it comes from the mouth of a clown who leads a country. How could American education have failed so many voters?

https://breakinginasia.com/trump-vows-c ... n-the-u-s/
Nothing like a severe case of TDS to make every satirical website story look real. You sooo badly want it to be real don’t you. But in the end the jokes on you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic