TOURIST (T) VISA or ORDINARY (E) VISA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
dave the wave
Expatriate
Canada

TOURIST (T) VISA or ORDINARY (E) VISA

Post by dave the wave »

How can i tell which visa i have? It say i can not work that is all. I want to extend about 6 months, what is the best way. Do i need to leave the country? I remember the border guy asked if i wanted a long term visa, should have said yes. Sounds like if i leave and come back in i can get a 6 month visa then.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: TOURIST (T) VISA or ORDINARY (E) VISA

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Look at the Visa identification number on the left hand side, if it starts with "EI" followed by numbers then you have the E-type (Ordinary) Visa, if it starts with "TI" followed by numbers then you have a T-type (Tourist) Visa.

Also, T-type Visas are usually stamped with "Employment Not Permitted" in the remarks section.

If you have an E-type Visa, then you can apply for a 6 month EG (General) Extension of Stay, no supporting documentation required.

If you have a T-type Visa, then you can apply for a 1 month EOS, giving you a total stay of 2 months at which point you need to leave the country.
dave the wave
Expatriate
Canada

Post by dave the wave »

Ok. Do have to actually leave the country or just go to the border?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^^^
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:59 pm . . . . you need to leave the country.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

dave the wave wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am Ok. Do have to actually leave the country or just go to the border?
Obtuse?
:facepalm:
You could be next.
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

You can do both. Go to the border, get stamped out, get stamped into the next country turn around and do reverse. Never have to actually enter second country. Done often on the Cambodia/Vietnam border.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

hiway5 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:10 am You can do both. Go to the border, get stamped out, get stamped into the next country turn around and do reverse. Never have to actually enter second country. Done often on the Cambodia/Vietnam border.
Once you are stamped in you are officially in the second country.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hiway5 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:10 am You can do both. Go to the border, get stamped out, get stamped into the next country turn around and do reverse. Never have to actually enter second country. Done often on the Cambodia/Vietnam border.
LOL: :facepalm:
once your stamped into a country, your IN the country!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:26 am
Do you mean you're.?

If you go to a land border crossing you will see what I mean.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hiway5 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:26 am
Do you mean you're.?

If you go to a land border crossing you will see what I mean.
:facepalm:
44+ years of crossing land borders
I know what i mean ( even if my spelling sucks) :beer3:

PS: if you were not IN the country,why would you need to be stamped OUT
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic