Indian psycic con artists all around P.P. riverside

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DingDong
Expatriate
Cambodia

Indian psycic con artists all around P.P. riverside

Post by DingDong »

:beer2: Hey..
New scam on the Riverside in P.P.
Indians.. mostly a little fat with funny Swami hats are all over down by F.c.c area to 136 area.
Mostly preying on dumb Euro tourists it looks like. Mostly women... but saw men earnestly being conned also
I have heard they scam the bigger money ..unlike the Cambodian fortune tellers down the way past the palace area.. who charge a couple bucks
There were at least 10 of these guys down there yesterday forming a loose gauntlet. Report them to the police as foriegn panhandling cons. I did.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Indian psycic con artists all around P.P. riverside

Post by bittermelon »

Is their icebreaker "sir I see you are a very lucky man...-and do you know why?"-
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Just kick them hard in the bollocks.

While they are writhing around on the floor in pain, ask them why, as fortune tellers, they didn't foresee it happening.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

fakirn hell!!

let's hope their 'psychic' skills can foresee a spell in the clink
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

bittermelon wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:24 am Is their icebreaker "sir I see you are a very lucky man...-and do you know why?"-

Exactly what I was wondering. It's only been a couple of times, once in Bangkok and once in PP, but they told me out of the blue "you have a very lucky face." I told them to go find a tourist.

Where does the scam go after that lead-in?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:16 am Just kick them hard in the bollocks.
Don't worry, I'm sure the infamous pie-hawker of the Daun Penh Boys will be on the case ready to go toe-to-toe with them and give them a twat, like he claims to do to other no-gooders around town.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Like that recent 'fortune teller' whose house burned down.

Far worse are the 'psychic detectives' that prey on families where a kid has gone missing.

A few fakirs round Riverside just adds to the mystique - low level harmless scamming, albeit in your face
DingDong
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DingDong »

No. There is not a 'few' and they form a gauntlet to harass every single 'white' person.. or stupid Japanese person. Its a toxic group of multiple scammers..
They are not 'fakirs' either. They are fat..ugly.. Indians with swami hats that probably are looking for big money cause they support themselves frauding people
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Like they say in the South of the US, " don't pay it no mind, it's just a hustle."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

bittermelon wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:24 am Is their icebreaker "sir I see you are a very lucky man...-and do you know why?"-
Ha that's the one I got in KL, I just walked away from him.
I don't think he saw that one coming :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic