23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 34827
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1889
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Fun news:
Image
Takeo: Happy day! A young woman named Som Sreynith, 23, who is currently studying make-up with her sister in Phsar Yeay market and lives in Bati district in Takeo province has found herself the winner of a 100 million riel prize.

Speaking to the team who handed over the top prize, Som Sreynith said that she works with her sister in Phsar Thmey market, and her husband works in a small phone repair business.
Image
She said that before going out to the market to learn her make-up skills with her sister in the market, she often buys green tea, ice cream and sweets from her local mom and pop grocery store. However, earlier this week, she saw that there was 100 million Riel marked in the green tea bottle cap.
Image
She was immediately overwhelmed and shouted at her husband and other neighbors nearby, along with a telephone alert to the company. She also expressed her excitement that after receiving the grand prize of 100 million Riels, she would build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 7944
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2227
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Duncan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:42 am

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 pm
Fun news:
Image
Takeo: Happy day! A young woman named Som Sreynith, 23, who is currently studying make-up with her sister in Phsar Yeay market and lives in Bati district in Takeo province has found herself the winner of a 100 million riel prize.

Speaking to the team who handed over the top prize, Som Sreynith said that she works with her sister in Phsar Thmey market, and her husband works in a small phone repair business.
Image
She said that before going out to the market to learn her make-up skills with her sister in the market, she often buys green tea, ice cream and sweets from her local mom and pop grocery store. However, earlier this week, she saw that there was 100 million Riel marked in the green tea bottle cap.
Image
She was immediately overwhelmed and shouted at her husband and other neighbors nearby, along with a telephone alert to the company. She also expressed her excitement that after receiving the grand prize of 100 million Riels, she would build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family.


I'm calling it fake news or a big publicity stunt to make people jealous that they didn't win.

Buy our product and you win enough money to build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family,, was the give away.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 3007
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 539
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by cptrelentless » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Grab a granny market...
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 538
Kiribati

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Phnom Poon » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:48 pm

cptrelentless wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:29 pm
Grab a granny market...
the rep looks fit to me
do you prefer them much younger?

.

monstra mihi bona!
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 7713
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3556
Yemen

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by John Bingham » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 pm

Duncan wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:42 am

I'm calling it fake news or a big publicity stunt to make people jealous that they didn't win.

Buy our product and you win enough money to build a decent apartment and leave some money for her future family,, was the give away.
Do you believe all these promotions are fake because you never won anything on one?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1142
Cambodia

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Mishmash » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:26 am

My best friend's wife delivered a baby boy last week. I went to the hospital and together we cracked 2 tins from the fridge in the room. Won $25. Biggest prize in 10 years - felt good - babies bring luck!!

One of our friends in Porsenchey won a car a couple of years back.

I felt swizzled by the carabao as i drink one every day since i arrived and never even got a free one. last couple of months I have 2 free ones. 2 free ones from 3000 cans is poor odds

I was going to put on the PM's facebook that the Thais were swizzling us.

Never heard of a carabao big win here

Seen a couple of big winners with the tea in the papers
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10675
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2146
Tokelau

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 am

Drink lotteries are fun. You're going to pay your drink anyway, and then always such a buzz when you win. :beer3:

Do they do this in other countries ? I don't remember seeing it elsewhere.
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 2268
Cambodia

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by clutchcargo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 am
Drink lotteries are fun. You're going to pay your drink anyway, and then always such a buzz when you win. :beer3:

Do they do this in other countries ? I don't remember seeing it elsewhere.
Sadly, I think it died a long time ago in OZ together with the death of ringpulls...all for the sake of the environment.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2688
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 973
Cambodia

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Kammekor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Anyone seen a Sreynith Single on Facebook? I’m looking for her for a friend FB****.

Any serious lead will be rewarded with a two year free prescription to this forum. Or 4 years if you wanna (gonna?) play hard ball.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10675
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2146
Tokelau

Re: 23 Yo Som Sreynith Wins 100M Riel Prize Drinking Green Tea

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:14 pm

clutchcargo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 pm
Anchor Moy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 am
Drink lotteries are fun. You're going to pay your drink anyway, and then always such a buzz when you win. :beer3:

Do they do this in other countries ? I don't remember seeing it elsewhere.
Sadly, I think it died a long time ago in OZ together with the death of ringpulls...all for the sake of the environment.
Ok, but beer comes in cans or bottles, so you can also have winning bottle tops. In the OP it is a winning bottle top, not a ringpull, that generates all this buzz. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cooldude, Ghostwriter, Google Adsense [Bot], Jerry Atrick, Majestic-12 [Bot], scott61, SINUS and 167 guests