Cambodian Girls Called “Single”

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Cambodian Girls Called “Single”

Post by Mr.November »

A question to the old timers here who are on a Facebook - what’s up with so many Khmer ladies with the last name “Single”? Is it such a popular surname in Cambodia (in which case why men don’t have it??) or is it a way of attracting guys to their profiles (again why men don’t do that in this case?)??

Very confused. I wonder if single means “chat me up I am looking for a husband”.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Girls called “single”

Post by Jcml19 »

Mr.November wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:40 pm A question to the old timers here who are on a Facebook - what’s up with so many Khmer ladies with the last name “Single”? Is it such a popular surname in Cambodia (in which case why men don’t have it??) or is it a way of attracting guys to their profiles (again why men don’t do that in this case?)??

Very confused. I wonder if single means “chat me up I am looking for a husband”.

Click baiting bro hahaja... Or if u want to make it sound fancy, "seo strategy"..

Havent ever wonder why when u search for a dentist, the popup ads to the right of the screen contain a sexy lady jahaha
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

I always figured it the same as "srey" or "oun" - girls don't like/want to use their full names on Facebook, another question though would be why?
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I understand it is usually , yes to signify they are single. You also get others with Blackheart, broken heart. Lonely girl. Usually young girls do this it is just unimaginative drama to attract attention I think. I knew a guy who's girlfriend would change her name to it every time they had a fight.

As for whether they want chatting up it depends on who you are, what you look like, how old you are and how deep are your pockets. These girls are usually going to be hard work, usually a good reason they are single!
:beer3:
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Have an example, OP? Never seen anyone on Khmer Facebook with the name single.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

What's more is, as a married man, why is Mr.November so preoccupied with the relationship status' of Khmer females?
Mr.November wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:34 pm arrived to Phnom Penh with my fiancee two weeks ago
Beware Mr.November....the siren call and irresistible allure of Khmer women has long been the bane of many a happy marriage....

...succubi, the lot of 'em. Proceed at your peril.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

epidemiks wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:54 pm Have an example, OP? Never seen anyone on Khmer Facebook with the name single.
ImageImageImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Its the Khmer equivalent of Smith or Patel apparently.

:dm:
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodian Girls Called “Single”

Post by Isaanbarang »

Why is my wife on your list?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Cambodian Girls Called “Single”

Post by Duncan »

Isaanbarang wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:11 pm Why is my wife on your list?

Don't worry,, my wife is on that list too. Don't know which one yet .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic