Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by cptrelentless »

cautious colin wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:47 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:21 pm
Artfarty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:13 am :shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
A ticket to UK is 400 USD. What are the thousands for?
That's a nice price for a flight back to the UK, did you look it up on the internet, and is it from Phnom Penh, with how many stops and hours before a sick person gets home?
I ask this because I was not that lucky when I needed a flight in a emergency. 4 days and I was on my way from Bangkok one-way with one stop before arriving home in the UK 17 hours with a price tag of $1,600 economy class.
$400 seems a little cheap. Just taking a quick look though you could get one for Saturday for $438 on Emirates (2 stopper, 19 hour total flight time)

The shortest time is usually with Thai, same day would be $1,290 (15 h 10 m) or EVA air for $840 - same time.

$1,600 seems outrageously expensive, although the time of year could make a big difference.
You're going to need more than one seat. Someone's going to have to wheel him through Departures. He's not going to have enough puff to move himself.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

if you are seriously ill they will deny boarding.
i was on crutches and the station manager grilled me before i was allowed on
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:57 pm if you are seriously ill they will deny boarding.
i was on crutches and the station manager grilled me before i was allowed on
Yes! That was a worry for me at the time. It was an expensive flight agreed, it was with ethead whom I was once a regular flyer, consultation was that they upgraded me to business class on the second flight, having space (leg and sitting room) make the difference when your I'll, I was lucky now I had a bed.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

If denied, they can charge medevac which runs into 10s of thousands
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic