So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so much...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Post by Hotdigr »

Soi, I don't know much about the forum business, but I suspect financial reward was the very last thing OD and the General had in mind when they set this particular one up. More then that, I sincerely HOPE it was the furthest thing from their minds. Sometimes, money truly is the root of all evil.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:We should do the same to his website.
Personally I don't give him that much space in my head, but you go right ahead.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Actually, if you really want to make a point, use the businesses that advertise on CEO and make it clear to the business owners that you saw their advertising on CEO. That's how to hit hard.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

:)
Last edited by Soi Dog on Sat May 24, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Actually, that quote (scripture) is that the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Having met OD and the General, I'm confident they both love the things that money can buy, which is a whole other thing. :)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Soi Dog wrote: Keep letting KiR badmouth your website on any platform he wants while he keeps all the advertisers and therefore all the income. :thumb:
Hotdigr wrote:Soi, I don't know much about the forum business, but I suspect financial reward was the very last thing OD and the General had in mind when they set this particular one up.
Thanks, I forgot to address that...

Believe it or not The Dragon and have had ZERO conversations about money thus far (except one offer where someone approached us, and we are likely going to turn down).

Money was the furthest thing from our minds when we started this. Seriously.

We are both passionate about having a cool forum related to Cambodia, since we both love living here and have no plans to leave!

I don't think we'll be quitting our day jobs anytime, soon, LoL, which was never part of the plan.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

General Mackevili wrote:
Soi Dog wrote: A successful and bitterless forum that has few advertisers and practically no income. Is that the concept? How long will that experiment last? Fine. Keep letting KiR badmouth your website on any platform he wants while he keeps all the advertisers and therefore all the income. :thumb:

It shows his true colors, not ours.

It's surreal to see him putting the nails in his own coffin.

^ nail meet head. This is spot on.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote: No publicity is bad publicity, right? :twisted:
Agree with Gen Mac, (reworded) "any advertising is good advertising". [That's what you meant, yeah?]

If someone slags off CEO, then people will be curious and want to check it out for themselves.
If they look at the 'active topics' page, they will see a diverse range of topics under discussion and a healthy active forum. Not to mention a professional looking site.

KiR has been digging his hole for about 10 months now. It's getting deeper everyday. :dragonchase:
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

vladimir wrote:
terrifiedanimal wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: The next day I added him on Twitter (don't forget to follow me! @Mackevili) and within minutes I was given an ultimatum: Stop whatever project I had going on with The Dragon and I would be made Moderator of K440, or continue working on our new project and receive the ban hammer!
And that, dear friends, is how Scobienz became a moderator on Khmer440.
Kind of like winning a race because the other runners got shot. A proud moment indeed.
I noticed that Scobienz has made very few posts since becoming a mod. Why? Because he never has and does not contribute any interesting new threads of his own. He only makes comments about what other posters have written. Take away the forum thread makers and he has absolutely nothing noteworthy to say. It must be lonely being the last mod of a dying forum. No new comments to moderate... unless you are into threads about breakfast tea varieties :Yahoo!:

and KiR's tweets prove that he is viewing this forum. Hi little Peety. I bet you've read every post here and continue to do so. :ROFL:
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Joker Poker wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Haha! ! ! Don't do that, but definitely feel free to invite your friends over here!

Someone has mentioned on here that K440 has actually completely censored out our website! (Which means if you type CambodiaExpatsOnline.com anywhere on K440 it comes out like *********** instead, LoL!

^Feel free to put that theory to the test!

But the big boss over at K440 has FINALLY started giving us a little due publicity! ! Right next to his tweet about cute little puppies for sale. :ROFL:

No publicity is bad publicity, right? :twisted:
keeping_it_deleted is appearing to be a bigger idiot by the second. Does he not know they have ladies of the night at Cavern? A bar that currently advertises on his site?
Don't forget, they had a Candy Bar add for ages too. Oh yeah, Vixens as well.

KIR was the very reason I stopped posting (different name) there ages ago. No issue between he and I, but it was the utter contempt with which he treated others that did my head in. Seems many are in the same camp, and this is giving CEO an unbelievable boost - right place at the right time.

Yes, contempt and negativity. Your sentiment is well shared in the expat community, at least the 10 people I've talked to.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic