Chinese Man Dies of Wind in Bavet SEZ

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Man Dies of Wind in Bavet SEZ

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News(Svay Rieng Province): At 6:30 pm on September 24, 2019, a Chinese national from Shandong province, China, was found dead at Manhattan Special Economic Zone in Ta Pao Village, Bavet City, Svay Rieng Province.
The man, a 46-year-old Chinese national named LI, JIANMIN, was working and staying in the SEZ.

According to the source, after receiving reports of the decease, the municipal police cooperated with the Bavet Administration, the provincial police, and the doctors to examine the body for several hours before concluding that there were no signs of foul play. The cause of death was suspected wind or fainting.
RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chinese Man Dies of Wind in Bavet SEZ

Post by Kammekor »

Yes, there's a wind of change in the Chinese SEZ's in Cambodia.

Better prepare.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Kjal is just shorthand for cardio/respiratory failure of which there are several words that compound with kjal "wind" or better, "respiration" when used in a medical context.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Remind me to turn down my fan a notch just in case.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Just in case,

In all seriousness RIP, that is far to young to shuffle off this mortal coil.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There are quite a few medical terms that don’t have a Khmer translation. Or a Khmer word or idea that encompasses a broad range of diagnoses. And CEO gets its news from the local sites.

Which makes it very confusing explaining medicine to the locals.

Or so I’m told.
djstuntmunch
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by djstuntmunch »

Surely, this must be a “wind” up!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

For medical professionals to explain things well, they need to use another language, usually English. Khmer does have a lot of medical terms, but not as many as English.

The police who report on deaths, dont have an in depth understanding of medical conditions.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

explorer wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:39 pm For medical professionals to explain things well, they need to use another language, usually English. Khmer does have a lot of medical terms, but not as many as English.

The police who report on deaths, dont have an in depth understanding of medical conditions.
Maybe he was blown off a mountain top. Honestly, I've never met a Khmer who doesn't know the local word for "breathe" or "lung" but I can understand them using the word ""wind"" (double quotations).

More importantly though, RIP
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

" suspected wind or fainting "

I thought it said wind or farting at first :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic