Overstay issues

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Overstay issues

Post by Cruisemonkey »

What a weird thread!!!
You could be next.
jd1965
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by jd1965 »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:03 am What a weird thread!!!
You're not wrong there.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Why would someone post client details on this forum or any forum? My clients would be furious and someone would be fired. That’s absurd.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:52 am Why would someone post client details on this forum or any forum? My clients would be furious and someone would be fired. That’s absurd.
People who want to convince others that they’re not lying tend to get defensive, are giving too much detail and go out of their way to seem like they’re being transparent.
greaker
Tourist
Denmark

Post by greaker »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 am Let me know the time and place. I have free time this afternoon from 2pm and tomorrow morning.
jd1965 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm Count me in for tomorrow morning mate. Won't let you down.

Did OP get a job at the meeting today?
jd1965
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by jd1965 »

greaker wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:12 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 am Let me know the time and place. I have free time this afternoon from 2pm and tomorrow morning.
jd1965 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm Count me in for tomorrow morning mate. Won't let you down.

Did OP get a job at the meeting today?
Not a job as such but useful info a companies that may by on the lookout for competent salespeople. Mishmash is a nice guy.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Is this just one person pretending to be 3 people or 3 people pretending to be one? Makes you think
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

frizzie77 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:33 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:52 am Why would someone post client details on this forum or any forum? My clients would be furious and someone would be fired. That’s absurd.
People who want to convince others that they’re not lying tend to get defensive, are giving too much detail and go out of their way to seem like they’re being transparent.
I can understand what you are saying.

However, in my Industry - Construction, my customers are actually proud of their projects. Their brochures state clearly the project history, scope and value amounts. It's a selling point.

In addition, I personally work with what we call 2 stage open books which happens to be the official UK Construction Strategy for modernizing the Industry.

The examples I showed are signed and done with. The other bidders received the feedback why they lost, so its not exactly secret - in fact keeping it secret works against everyone.

We are all friends in Cambodia - we all know each other - our manufacturers also know each other. So when we reveal the prices openly after winning bid announced, each manufacturer and contractor looks closely at their production processes and supply chain, service, salesmanship etc. They then apply lessons learned in their TQM (Total Quality Management) system following the ISO standards. Plan, Do Check, Act etc.. 5 Sigma etc. Kaizen... You know the methodologies - Industry standards..

Then they can bid again next contract with improvements.

This is how we get great products at fantastically ever cheaper prices in a never ending improvement feedback loop.

I have no need to convince others - and i am sure nothing will ever convince serial doubters, unless you have a project, in which case you will know me already. I have placed the facts before you. Others can make their own minds up and I am happy with the PM's received from genuine people with a positive attitude.

I am not a big shot, I am not rich. I just work hard at what I am fairly good at.

Thank you for your kind feedback. It does cause me to think about how I can present well.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

next time read before write...

:BangHead:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:38 pm Oh come on Mishmash,

With your invoices I can contact the factories directly and avoid your commission. I could even try to negotiate a better price than you would charge me.
Please contact them directly with a project if you have one.

The Contractors can contact the factory directly for sure, but as I introduced the Contractor to the factory is down on my Agents agreement and as most large industries of long-standing reputation tend to honor their agreements with me, is no worries.

Either way the price will be the same.

Sales are sales and I am their salesman here.

Commissions are a part of sales, along with territorial agreements. (The Agent Agreement signed by the parties)

Contracts are enforceable under law and disputes are solved by the Chambers of Commerce

For example - if you want Bosch product - you can ring the factory in germany or china. They will then refer you back to their agents here which in this case is GES and Mr Vin Seiha - a good friend in our Industry

Same my cables or other products sir..
Locked Previous topicNext topic