Who to trust: lawyer? Real Estate? to sell land in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lookingforhelp
Tourist

Re: Who to trust: lawyer? Real Estate? to sell land in Cambodia

Post by lookingforhelp »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:19 pm Whilst their fees may be a little higher than others, they are about the only competent, trustworthy Real Estate Company in Cambodia. They can arrange everything, no need to hire a lawyer separately.

Independent Property Services (IPS).
https://ips-cambodia.com/?fbclid=IwAR0g ... 7L1qnDs-NQ

Be aware, that only the person (local) who's name is on the Property Title can legally authorise the sale of the property. If your father was legally married in Cambodia to a Cambodian Citizen at the time of purchase, and that person is the one whom the property was purchased under, then authorisation from both of them is required.....Unless the property is a Strata-Titled Condo, which foreigners can legally own 100%.

Thank for the recommendation regarding real estate agency

The review in google are good

I sent them an email and the agency’s ask me to send the documents below,is it safe to send them a copy of the land title?

*Land location in google map
*Copy of land title
*Site plan if you have
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

That IPS sell a shit load of property. A lot of high end condos in PP, $1 million+.

Good write-ups and pictures though, which is rare here.

If I ever find myself with a spare $1 mill’ or even $100k or even $50k I’ll look that up.

Are they a western outfit like Century21, who are the complete opposite in regards to openness?
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

IPS are a legitimate company, well respected as PSD-KIWI says.

In addition you can try https://www.realestate.com.kh
lookingforhelp
Tourist

Post by lookingforhelp »

Thank a lot for your help
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

whatwat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:28 pm That IPS sell a shit load of property. A lot of high end condos in PP, $1 million+.

Good write-ups and pictures though, which is rare here.

If I ever find myself with a spare $1 mill’ or even $100k or even $50k I’ll look that up.

Are they a western outfit like Century21, who are the complete opposite in regards to openness?
IPS have a large expat team running the show.

Is big business here.

Khmer Real Estate came out of nowhere to dominate the market through the internet.

Again expat led.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

lookingforhelp wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:27 pm

I sent them an email and the agency’s ask me to send the documents below,is it safe to send them a copy of the land title?

*Land location in google map
*Copy of land title
*Site plan if you have
Yes it is safe to send them copies.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

https://www.cbre.com.kh/ is also a trustworthy company. They have a great network and seem to manage to sell properties within weeks even in remote locations of cambodia. My 2 neighbours used them and both sold within a month.
Last edited by whiteribbon on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just noise, white noise
lookingforhelp
Tourist

Post by lookingforhelp »

whiteribbon wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:53 pm Cbre is also a trustworthy company. They have a great network and seem to manage to sell properties within weeks even in remote locations of cambodia. My 2 neighbours used them and both sold within a month.

Thank for the suggestion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic