Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by bittermelon »

sigmoid wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:55 pm ImageImage

I can't believe you're bringing JC into this. Everyone knows he was a commie hippy. Apparently he fed 5000 people FOR FREE, people who didn't have the foresight to pack their own lunch. Can you imagine what a smack in the face that was for those who took their own sandwiches?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

bittermelon wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm
sigmoid wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:55 pm ImageImage

I can't believe you're bringing JC into this. Everyone knows he was a commie hippy. Apparently he fed 5000 people FOR FREE, people who didn't have the foresight to pack their own lunch. Can you imagine what a smack in the face that was for those who took their own sandwiches?
Also, Jesus was a devout jew for his entire life, and unless you have the end of your cock chopped off he wouldn't have given a shit if you lived or died. It was Paul who changed the rules after he was dead.
Dog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Dog »

Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I'd donate... but I spent that money on expat health insurance policy premiums.
You could be next.
Artfarty
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Artfarty »

:shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
A ticket to UK is 400 USD. What are the thousands for?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cleaned up a few off topic posts.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Artfarty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:13 am :shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
There is a link to the gofundme page listed. You could always ask. I have found that when you talk to someone as opposed to about someone often you will find the answer you were looking for, but then it is far more difficult to be dismissive to a dying man's family as it is anonymously on a forum.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

fax wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm
Artfarty wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:15 pm No one ever mentioned pneumonia. It was speculated that he contracted either bronchitis or phenomena.

phe·nom·e·na
/fəˈnämənə/

plural form of phenomenon.

Tell me of this disease and how it is cured, my friend. Obviously much a funnier form of the illness than terminal cancer
He's talking about pneumonia.
Maybe the phenomenon of pneumonia?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

That's a nice price for a flight back to the UK, did you look it up on the internet, and is it from Phnom Penh, with how many stops and hours before a sick person gets home?
I ask this because I was not that lucky when I needed a flight in a emergency. 4 days and I was on my way from Bangkok one-way with one stop before arriving home in the UK 17 hours with a price tag of $1,600 economy class.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:21 pm
That's a nice price for a flight back to the UK, did you look it up on the internet, and is it from Phnom Penh, with how many stops and hours before a sick person gets home?
I ask this because I was not that lucky when I needed a flight in a emergency. 4 days and I was on my way from Bangkok one-way with one stop before arriving home in the UK 17 hours with a price tag of $1,600 economy class.
$400 seems a little cheap. Just taking a quick look though you could get one for Saturday for $438 on Emirates (2 stopper, 19 hour total flight time)

The shortest time is usually with Thai, same day would be $1,290 (15 h 10 m) or EVA air for $840 - same time.

$1,600 seems outrageously expensive, although the time of year could make a big difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic