Overstay issues

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Overstay issues

Post by Mishmash »

jd1965 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm Count me in for tomorrow morning mate. Won't let you down.
OK

Time & Place??
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:53 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:23 pm

I ask how this could happen, and why neither school nor embassy notified us this visa issue, i mean, they have computers, databases, contacts, follow-up, registers....cross checking data would highlight this issue pretty quickly, i'm thinking...

Turns out the law changed while we were in, and nobody told us that kids now have to get a proper visa extension.
Children with two foreign parents under the age of 12 got gratis visas until just a year or two ago. It pissed a few of my friends off when they changed it, but it's your onus to keep informed about this kind of stuff.
Yeah, well nobody told us, even by the agents who saw me taking care of my and my wife's passports at their agency, even accompagned with my kid, so turns out if nobody asks, nobody tells, and everybody seems pretty useless for that matter.

It could have gone a long time like this, until we had to get out for some reasons (holidays, sickness....).

It's true that you have to know your obligations, but i'm amazed that all these people with computers and database can't fuckin manage to spread the information at least through the schools and embassies, for fuck sake. It's not like we didn't registered everywhere.

Can't spend my life checking if law changes for this and that on a weekly basis. Can you ? Do you ? See...
I was aware of the changes when they happened, even though they didn't affect me. You don't need to rely on any people with computers and database, all it takes is reading the news regularly, which I manage to do without it taking up my entire life.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

Jack, being so quick to pick a fight seems to neglect the fact that if he does so, he will have drawn the attention of police that he seeks so much to avoid.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm
jd1965 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm Count me in for tomorrow morning mate. Won't let you down.
OK

Time & Place??
At this point, why not just continue via PM?

Unless of course this is just some elaborate troll-fest.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Brody wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:32 pm
OK

Time & Place??

Good idea.. is a dying thread..

OP you have the PM option and also if you checked my website you have email and phone number wechat whatsapp line viber telegram.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 pm
Brody wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:32 pm
OK

Time & Place??

Good idea.. is a dying thread..

OP you have the PM option and also if you checked my website you have email and phone number wechat whatsapp line viber telegram.
Agree this should be just between you, but pls do let us know if he turns up as planned and if there is a happy end. :mrgreen:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 pm .. is a dying thread..
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I hope I'm wrong, but I get a feeling JD is going to become a bigger punching bag than he already is.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:24 pm I hope I'm wrong, but I get a feeling JD is going to become a bigger punching bag than he already is.
Yeah, it ain't the plot that's twisted.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Phnom Pen Company
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Phnom Pen Company »

OK

Time & Place??
Oh, this is depressing. I was really hoping that they were not going to meet to fight but to find a solution. I was really hoping for a CEO success story.
Locked Previous topicNext topic