Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by sigmoid »

ImageImage
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

A very mean spirited and judgemental ethos is beginning to prevail in this forum that I find pretty sickening.

Misfortune can easily happen to any of us through circumstances outside our control.

Wealthy people suffer less, I doubt many of us are wealthy.

Maybe try and rediscover some decency rather than delight in the misfortune of those doing the best they can.

You could be next.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:25 pm A very mean spirited and judgemental ethos is beginning to prevail in this forum that I find pretty sickening.

Misfortune can easily happen to any of us through circumstances outside our control.

Maybe try and rediscover some decency rather than delight in the misfortune of those doing the best they can.

You could be next.
One of the best comments I have ever read over the years.

I do admit to enjoying it when obvious scammers, crooks, pedos and others get a hammering on here though..

Also, when some-one gets exposed by the posters when pulling a fast-one and then try to intimidate said posters.

That's always funny..

My brother has an attitude whereby he says we are always responsible for our own life and misfortunes

I tend to disagree as any glance at natural disasters, despotic regimes and any slice of history will show the opposite to be true.

Grown ups who choose to make others lives a misery or prey on the weak and unfortunate deserve what they get on here.

Only my thoughts though..

(beg packers and twat packers are always a a target under any circumstances)
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

The Seawolf wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:09 pm The bloke looks at least 55. Surely by that age you would have enough savings or have enough family or enough old mates to rustle up a combined $10k in an emergency without having to go web begging?
55?
His son is 42 so he was 13 when he became a father!
He’s 65.

I heard it isn’t cancer but bronchitis or phenomena, or something like that. Which is good news.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:25 pm A very mean spirited and judgemental ethos is beginning to prevail in this forum that I find pretty sickening.

You could be next.
I find the healthy cynicism to be heartening.

I am just getting over Dengue fever, would you have supported me coming on here asking for 10,000 quid? Of course not because it's ridiculous.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:10 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:54 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:28 pm I know quite a few guys from my home country that are here coz they're on a low income old age government pension and they can live better here in KOW than back in their expensive home country. So, that makes good sense with the exception of.... when they get sick! Then, not enough money for doctors or hospitals here so what do they do? Wanna go back to their home country for the free medical/hospital services...
Best of both worlds.
True, until they get stuck like in this case and then they look to other people for charity.

Looking at the comments at the bottom here: https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/dale-woods ... -1-6280333

People are questioning why he should get free NHS treatment in the UK after he's been non resident for 10 years..
I worked in uk for 30 years before leaving.always paid my dues to the taxman/goverment.even tho i aint been back for years i feel thorougly entitled to going back and using it if i needed to.
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Soriya wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:47 amI worked in uk for 30 years before leaving.always paid my dues to the taxman/goverment.even tho i aint been back for years i feel thorougly entitled to going back and using it if i needed to.
Yes but despite your feelings, you can't legally access the NHS etc. You have to get some time in the UK first.

It was part of some fudge created when Romania and Bulgaria were joining the EU, to not give them immediate full rights to the UK welfare state. However it's illegal to discriminate in law between British citizens and other EU citizens, so the new residency rules had to apply to all, including you.
Artfarty
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Artfarty »

:beer1:
whatwat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 am
The Seawolf wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:09 pm The bloke looks at least 55. Surely by that age you would have enough savings or have enough family or enough old mates to rustle up a combined $10k in an emergency without having to go web begging?
55?
His son is 42 so he was 13 when he became a father!
He’s 65.

I heard it isn’t cancer but bronchitis or phenomena, or something like that. Which is good news.
That's very good news and I've got the solution. A pack of Fisherman's Friends cured my bronchitis. I'll donate that, saving potential donors a combined 10,000 GBP!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

If the bronchitis gossip would be true the go fund me would be closed now, wouldn’t it?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

whatwat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 am I heard it isn’t cancer but bronchitis or phenomena, or something like that. Which is good news.
Source?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic